Looking for a fun and easy recipe to make this summer? These strawberry lemonade popsicles are delicious and are perfect for warm weather!
This is my favorite time of year. The weather is warming up, and the days are longer. We've having playdates outside, and I'm all about the easy treats and snacks. If you follow us on Instagram then you know we are a little limited kitchen-wise. We had a major flood and are in the midst of a MASSIVE kitchen remodel. So, no stove or oven.
This was the perfect opportunity to make the easiest treats ever…..Strawberry lemonade popsicles (no oven required).
If you are looking for super easy recipes to try with kids, these are a total home run. And bonus tip? Want an adult boozy popsicle version of these? Add vodka (just be sure to label which is which!)
Looking for more summer recipes? Try:
/ No Bake Pina Colada Pie / Red White and Blue Jello Shots / Crock Pot Green Chili Chicken Queso /
The Best Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
This is a pretty simple recipe, with fairly minimal equipment. Most of this? You probably have at home already!
Equipment for Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles:
Shop All Items:
- a Small pot
- Paring knife
- Small mixing bowl
- Strainer or juicer (either works as does a cheesecloth)
- Popsicle mold
- Wooden Popsicle sticks
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles:
Easy, peasy…..lemonade popsicle squeezy (I had to). You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this (I'd suggest fresh, but the frozen will work in a pinch)
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (from approximately 4-5 medium lemons) of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- additional 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Simple Instructions for Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles:
Like I said, these lemonade popsicles are SUPER simple to make in a few steps. You can easily prep a bit in advance and then let your kids do the actual assembly.
- Add strawberries and tsp of granulated sugar to a blender and mix until smooth (about a minute or two).
- Pour the mixture into the top of each individual popsicle mold and set in freezer.
- Combine 1 cup of water and 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar to a small pot.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves (for those of you wondering, we used a microwave for this and it was quite an adventure).
- Remove from heat and add the fresh lemon juice, stir until combined.
- Taste the syrup. Add more lemon juice to your preference.
- Pour into glass measuring cup or use a funnel to add lemon mixture to the popsicle molds. Fill each mold cavity completely.
- Add the wooden popsicle sticks and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.
Pro Tip: How to Create Fancy Layers
If you want to make fancy layers in your strawberry lemonade popsicles, it's easier than you probably expect! To make layers: start by freezing the strawberry puree for 1-2 hours until solid. This will create a distinct layer. Next, be sure that you allow the lemon syrup to cool completely before adding into the popsicle mold cavities. Lastly, add the wooden popsicle sticks and freeze for an additional 7-8 hours.
If you make this strawberry lemonade popsicle recipe, let me know what you think!!!
Leave a Comment