Wow – this looks so good and delicious – two things I really like cheese and chicken placed together sounds even better. I will be copying and sharing with others thanks for the idea!
Crock Pot Green Chili Chicken Queso is super easy to make and tastes like the best enchilada you've ever had!
You guys. I've found crock pot dip heaven and I'm never coming back! I've always been a fan of slow cooker appetizer dip recipes. They're easy to make. They stay warm through the whole party or football game, and everyone loves 'em. I'm mean really, who doesn't like a big melty bowl of cheese with awesome add-ins?!
This queso dip takes things to a whole new level of deliciousness. It tastes like the best green chile chicken enchilada you've ever had, but even cheesier… and in the best way possible. The cream cheese gives that tangy, creaminess that I love about enchiladas. Paired with tortilla chips, it's perfect. Not to mention your house is going to smell AMAZING!
One of my favorite shortcuts for this recipe is to pre-cook my chicken. I either cook off a chicken breast with dinner the night before or grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred 1/2 the chicken. You'll want about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of chicken total. You can also double this recipe and prepare it in a 5-quart slow cooker for a bigger crowd.
Hungry for More?
Crock Pot Spinach & Bacon Cheese Dip | Slow Cooker Meat Lover's Pizza Dip | Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice Casserole
Crock Pot Green Chili Chicken Queso
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 2 hours Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
8 ounces Velveeta
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded or diced
One 4-ounce can green chiles
- Cut the Velveeta and cream cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add the Velveeta, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder to your crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and green chiles to the crock pot, and stir until evenly combined.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours in a slow cooker, or until all the cheese is melted, stirring once or twice to help everything marry together.
- Before serving, stir once more. Serve with tortilla chips.
You can also cook this dip on LOW for 2-4 hours, or until all the cheeses have melted.
Leave a Comment