Want to try making pizza at home? This no yeast pizza dough recipe is easy as…..pie!
Have you tried making pizza dough? This week the inspiration struck us (it helps that we're at home with a lot of time on our hands AND that today is National Pizza Party Day)…..and I have to be honest. I was a little concerned. Sure I bake, but pizza dough? That seemed a little out of my league. I looked at a TON of recipes online, and was totally prepared. This morning, I pulled out the ingredients, hyped up my six year old (this was our big mommy and me project for the day), and then realized…..I HAD THE WRONG KIND OF YEAST. Yes, that's a thing. In case you didn't know, there are TWO kinds of yeast. Dry Active yeast (the kind you use for baking) and nutritional yeast (the kind I had accidently ordered weeks ago). And of course, the stores are out of yeast.
But here's the thing, I SAID we were making pizza dough, so WE WERE DOING IT. After a little research, I decided it was totally fine to try making pizza crust without yeast. I figured if this dough recipe was awful, it would never see the light of day (ha).
Well, here we are. I have to say, it was WAY easier to make than I imagined and it turned out GREAT. We used the dough to make two different types of pizza and it was awesome with both flavor profiles. We made a peanut butter and jelly pizza and a traditional cheese pizza with fresh mozzarella. And next? We're making sausage breakfast pizza!
So if you're on the hunt for a no yeast dough recipe, this is it. I'm so excited to have this is our baking back pocket, it's something we'll make on a regular basis….homemade pizza was a serious hit with our whole family.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipe
Note: allow rest time for your dough when planning , this took us about 90 minutes from start to plate
Pro Tip: be sure that you have a great option for baking your pizza, we use this pizza maker from Shop Disney, but you could also use a pizza stone
1 tsp honey
warm water (1 cup)
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix honey and 1 cup of warm water in a small bowl, whisk and set aside
- in a food processor (we LOVE this one) mix: flour, salt and olive oil
- add in water and honey mixture
- blend until the dough forms into a ball
- take out, and knead until smooth
- place in a bowl, spray with cooking spray (we use spray olive oil) then cover
- let sit for 30 minutes
- divide dough into two halves and knead each half for about two minutes
- roll back together, return to bowl and recover
- let rest for 20 more minutes
- roll out on a floured surface
- cook on a pizza stone or cooker with toppings of your choice for 9 to 12 minutes
Have you tried making no yeast pizza dough???
Leave a Comment