It sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
No Bake Pina Colada Pie is a fun & easy summer dessert that'll leave you feeling like you're on a tropical beach!
Maybe it's all the years I spent bartending, but I love a nice frosty drink during summer. I know they can be a pain to make, but the blender clean up is totally worth the perfect Piña Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, or Margarita. I've been on huge coconut and tropical flavor kicks so far this summer…and that means awesome things for all of you! I've whipped up all kinds of yummy recipes, like Tropical Popsicles, Pina Colada Jello Shots, and my Mom's Best Ever Coconut Cake. It's been total flavor bliss and today we're taking it to the next level with a No Bake Pina Colada Pie!
A Malibu Pineapple was one of my favorite summer drinks to order when I was younger. Now it's usually a crisp, clean Kölsch, but sometimes I still co back to my favorite. I'm just drawn to that coconut & pineapple flavor combination. This pie if full of those flavors. The base of the filling starts with cream cheese for a luscious texture, then you add in lots of pineapple and coconut goodies to marry it all together. (For my dairy-free friends, substitute your fave dairy-free cream cheese and coconut cream!) Now, I like to garnish my pie like I'd garnish my drink…with cute red cherries that'll brighten up any dessert table. I'm mean seriously, who wouldn't want a slice of this pie?! It's delicious, creamy, tropical, and SUPER easy to make. And the best part is you never have to turn on your stove! I hope you love this easy no bake dessert as much as I do.
No Bake Pina Colada Pie
Prep Time: 4 hours 5 mins Yield: about 8 servings
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
One 3.4-ounce box coconut cream instant pudding mix
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream)
1 teaspoon vanilla
One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 prepared graham cracker pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
Whipped cream (or whipped coconut cream)
Maraschino cherries, rinsed and patted dry
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it's fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the pudding mix, pineapple juice, heavy cream, and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat until combined and thickened.
- Add the pineapple and shredded coconut to the pie filling. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the pie filling into your prepared pie crust. Spread into an even layer.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until the pie is set. Keep the pie refrigerated until ready to serve. The garnishes should be added at the last minute.
- To garnish: Uncover the pie. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the top of the pie going almost all the way to the edges. Add whipped cream in dollops around the outer edge of the pie and one in the center. Place cherries evenly around the edge of the pie on top of the whipped cream and then place a cherry on the center dollop.
If you can't find coconut cream pudding mix, use vanilla pudding with coconut cream (or coconut milk) instead of heavy cream and omit the vanilla extract. If you want a more authentic Pina Colada flavor, you can also add 1/4 teaspoon of rum extract to the pie filling.
Leave a Comment