On the hunt for a kids gardening kit? These are the best ones on the market!
What times we live in. One of the best things about all the time we've had at home in the last few years with our younger children? So many families including ours have gotten really into gardening and planting seeds. There are young gardeners everywhere! Lydia has loved seeing what we can grow (she even took care of our own flowers this year), and how the plants can be added to our garden (we're even considering getting more raised beds to add to our vegetable garden we created over the summer)! And I love that we are getting quality time together with Mother Nature.
If you're on the hunt for kids gardening kit options, these are the BEST ones on the market (and bonus most ship quickly). From fairy gardens to indoor herb gardens to simple flower gardens….these are great way to explore growing plants with kids without spending a ton of money! Kids gardening kids make a great gift, you can easily put them together with small garden tools, a sun hat, gardening gloves and maybe some extra seed packets for a unique present that will keep little hands busy.
These family gardening tips helped me to get started.
Kids Gardening Kit: The Best Ones
Shop All Kids Gardening Kits:
- Enchanted Fairy Garden: This was the first gardening kit we ordered, and still a fav (it's crazy how tall the grass has grown). I love that it had a craft element (Lydia painted the fairy house and pieces and the planter). It was totally worth the price and perfect for little gardeners! The miniature garden we built with it is ADORABLE.
- Flower Planting Kit: This flower planting kit is by the same company we've ordered other kits from, and they're SUPER high quality. Each comes with paint and a craft element (painting the planter and making sides for the seed types) along with everything you need to plant. Don't these colorful flowers look pretty?
- Unicorn Garden: I mean, if a fairy garden isn't enough, then a unicorn gardening set will be the ultimate kids gardening kit. We just ordered this one ourselves! It's a great option for younger kids.
- Pizza Garden Kit: Anyone else have a picky eater on their hands? Our pizza garden is an attempt to…..encourage more veggie eating. Once all our seeds have grown, we'll be making our own pizza sauce. Lydia is especially excited about this one!
- Window Garden: These smaller pots and flower seeds are perfect for an indoor window garden (you can choose either zinnias or marigolds).
- Lavender Growing Kit: If you love the smell of lavender as much as I do, then this kit is perfect for you. It would be perfect to start in the pot, then to transfer to your backyard! And who doesn't love the bright colors when lavender blooms?
- Watch it Grow Kit: I love this kit because of the clear planter. How cool is it that kids can actually SEE the plants growing below the surface?!?!
- Sprout and Grow Window: This is another great option for watching beneath the surface, I love this one for a smaller indoor space.
- Grow a Bouquet: There's something magical about planting flowers. These Grow a Bouquet kits come in a ton of varieties and are super easy to use (we love the sunflower seeds but there are tons of great options).
- Kitchen Herb Gardening Kit: I love that this herb kit comes with cute cans as planters. Kitchen herbs are a great option for little chefs and big chefs alike!
- My First Garden: This kids garden kit is a great way to support a small business, I love that it supports a family gardening company and keeps small hands busy!
Looking for more outdoor activities and an easy way to get outdoors for some fresh air? Check out our sidewalk chalk ideas! Or try painting river stones to decorate your garden for some creative fun!
Have you used any kids gardening kits recently? What's your fav for kids of all ages? They're such a wonderful way to give kids a fun afternoon activity and a sense of responsibility as they care for their growing plants!
Leave a Comment