Any suggestions for if you don’t have a donut pan?
This Churro Donuts Recipe is easy to make and the perfect way to bring a little magic into your home.
Anyone else missing the Disney Parks something crazy? Yup, us too. Churros are one of our favorite Disneyland treats, and so when the shared their Disney Parks Churro Bites Recipe recently……we knew we had to try it out. But regular churro bites? Nope, that wasn't enough for us. We decided to create our own we are missing Disneyland breakfast……Churro Donuts! These Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are a perfect morning treat, and super easy to make.
I promise, they're sweet but still the perfect breakfast treat. They bake easily, and look STUNNING. You can grab a donut, turn on your favorite Disney soundtrack (we even use this spotify music from the parks playlist sometimes) or your favorite Disney movie and create your own Disney Magic Moment at home.
When the parks open back up? Even better. These travel well, and you can bring them along to eat before you walk into the parks on a regular Disney day.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try our Carrot Cake Donuts or our Red Velvet Pancakes recipe.
Magical Churro Donuts Recipe
<adapted from the Disney Parks Churro Bites Recipe>
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Makes: 9-12 Churro Donuts depending on size
Pro Tip: Use a donut pan for perfect shaping, we love these silicon donut pans
8 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided (plus more for garnishing)
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar (plus more for garnishing)
- To start, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and eggs.
- Add it dry ingredients and mix.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon the batter into two donut pans, filling each cavity about half full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove donuts from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pans. Remove from the pans to a serving platter.
- Once cooled, and removed. Optional step: combine cinnamon and sugar then sprinkle over churro donuts for added magic.
So what do you think? Are Churro Donuts up your alley?
Leave a Comment