Heading to the LA County Fair? We just went, and I'm sharing our favorite activities for preschoolers and toddlers!
Thank you to the LA County Fair for sponsoring this post.If you follow along on our Instagram Stories, then you know that Lydia and I spent Sunday afternoon at the LA County Fair. It was actually the first time I'd ever been, and I got a TON of messages asking about the best things to do at the fair with toddlers and preschoolers. I wanted to share a few of our favorite fair activities (along with our tips for must eats — cause who doesn't love fair food?). We are always looking for family things to do in LA, and this was a great day activity!
The Best Toddler and Preschooler Activities at the LA County Fair:
- The Farm: It's not a real fair experience without farm animals, right!?! The Farm is filled with multiple buildings and exhibits that are perfect for showing LA city kids what life outside of the concrete jungle is really like. We saw cows, goats, sheep, practiced roping, and even bought fresh milk (they sell both regular and chocolate over ice…..perfect for hot days). We loved seeing the Dairy Education Center, and visiting the horses in the Equine center.
- The Igloo: Want a little time to cool off? The Igloo has indoor ice skating and a sledding hill! (and the ice skating is only $5)!
- Wonderland: A Floral Fairy Tale: This was my favorite (and Lydia's favorite) part of the whole fair. These stunning floral exhibits all centered around an Alice in Wonderland theme. The exhibit winds through an exhibit hall (with air conditioning) and an outdoor atrium. We loved see the colorful floral exhibits and Lydia loved spotting all her favorite characters.
- Carnival: Carnival rides and games are an LA County Fair classic, and a must do. This year they have a whole section with rides for little kids and Lydia LOVED them. The colorful train was her favorite, it's super cute and not too fast. If you've got a daredevil, the hot air balloons twist and turn at a rapid pace. They also sell Carnival wristbands that allow you to access unlimited rides (a great deal if you'll be at the fair all day)!
- America's Kids: The America's Kids Expo is another great place to cool off. It showcases fun activities surrounding adventures in literature and even has a princess castle for little ones to enjoy plus a place where you can train to be a knight!
- Fair Food: A trip to the LA County Fair isn't complete without fair food. From deep fried hot sauce to classic BBQ, the fair has EVERYTHING. Our absolute favorite fair food? Afters Ice Cream. They have a shop inside The Farm and stands in a few other locations around the fair. This fancy ice cream is quite possibly the best I've ever had, and they have a variety of fun flavors. Lydia loved her strawberry funnel cake and me? I splurged on bright blue Cookie Monster…..trust me, it was worth every calorie.
For more information or to buy tickets in advance…….check out the LA County Fair website!Have you been to the LA County fair this year?!?