Do you have a Google Home? These are 17 Fun Google Home Games and Activities for Kids that I promise parents will love too, and they're a great way to get more use out of your smart speakers!
You probably have a Google device in your house (we have a few including a Google Home and a Google Nest Smart Thermometer and a Google Nest Doorbell). A Google Home? It's basically a smart speaker that connects you to Google Assistant. You can use it to ask Google questions, set a timer, manage your calendar, and a ton of other home tasks. But my favorite uses for it? Google Home Games and Activities for Kids….. interactive games that are already at your fingertips. Google Home has a ton of fun activities you can do with your kids (and trust me, once they know how to use these…..they'll be asking Google to play constantly).
Shop Google Devices:
17 Fun Google Home Games and Activities for Kids
Ready to play? A little tutorial on how to actually PLAY your favorite Google Home Games. I promise, this is the easiest part. Once you pick a game, you just need to say…… “Ok Google, let's play ________.” Be sure to refer to each of these games by the EXACT name and title and these Google Assistant games will start immediately. Your Google Account already includes these games, so there will be no charge or subscription necessary and these should work on any device that has the Google home app (so nest devices work too)!
- Wash Your Hands Song: Sick of making sure your kids wash their hands well? This will do it for you. The song is exactly 40 seconds long, and reminds them to wash each part of their hands. Lydia absolutely loves it!
- Magic Actions: This sounds crazy, but….you can participate in a magic show…..right on your Google Home. Seriously. It's so fun! Be sure to give this one a shot.
- Animal Trivia: Got an animal lover in your house? The Animal Trivia Game is a ton of fun, and gets harder and harder as the game goes on! This is perfect for families to do together!
- Jungle Adventure: This is the ultimate choose your own adventure activity. You'll explore caves, climb trees and more in search of the lost temple. Each decision will effect the outcome and what happens next in your adventure.
- Freeze Dance: Google Home has a ton of freeze dance options (we just did a Halloween version and it was ADORABLE). Freeze dance is an easy way to get everyone moving!
- Cars Adventure: Play Hide and Seek with your favorite Radiator Springs residents, and then…..a big race!!!
- Musical Chairs: Who doesn't love Musical Chairs? This will prompt you to play (and even asks how many players there are so it can be tailored to YOUR game).
- Mad Libs: Yes, you can seriously play audio Mad Libs. The device will ask you for a series of words and answers then puts them together and reads off the story you created. It's funny and super kid friendly!
- Mickey Mouse Magic Show: This classic? Was our first of many Google Home Games. It leads you through a big problem….Mickey is late for his own Magic Show and you need to help him make it!! Kids get to decide what method of transportation to use, and to make decisions along the way that change the outcome of the story.
- Belle's Castle Adventure: Want to get a little movement in? This adorable sing a long contains Belle telling her story and instructing your kids to act it out with her. Love Disney games? You can see more HERE. If you love Enchanted Tales with Belle at the Magic Kingdom, think of this as an at home version! (There is also a Mickey Mouse Adventure and a Cars Adventure game).
- Sound Pet: This game? Perfect for the kids begging for a puppy! You adopt a mythical animal that you take care of, play with and are responsible for.
- Ding Dong Coconut: Ding Dong Coconut is a memory game that I promise, will have everyone playing along. This sound memory game attaches a word to different sounds. As the device plays the sounds in different order, you have to answer with the correct word (trust me, it's harder than it sounds).
- Read Along With Disney: Pro tip…..this is a GREAT way to get your child to practice reading aloud. For select Disney Little Golden Books as your child or you read the story aloud, the Google home will play sound effects and music that go with the story (you can see the list of books included here).
- The Magic Door: Did you ever read those choose your own adventure books as a kid? Well…..this is the Google Home Games version of that…an audio choose your own adventure game. You'll go on a new adventure each time and this one adjusts for younger or more mature participants, it's a great way to get your kids into using their Google Home devices.
- Song Pop: This is a favorite in our house for grown ups and kids alike…..it's the pop version of name that tune…..a fun song quiz for the whole family! You'll select a genre at the start (pop is my personal favorite) and you'll try to name the song title by the melody (bonus if you know the artist).
- Tic Tac Toe: Have you ever played audio tic tac toe? Well, this is your chance! It's a lot harder than it sounds (without paper)! This is a really fun option for Google Home Games that are kid friendly, but will totally challenge the adult.
- Star Wars Trivia: Do you know the droid you are looking for (I had to)? If you're a frequent Galaxy's Edge visitor or an epic Star Wars films fan , then the Star Wars Trivia game on Google Home is for YOU! It's so much fun and way more challenging than I expected it to be! If you've got a general knowledge of Star Wars, you'll be able to play and enjoy this…..but the super fans? Will LOVE IT. This is a fairly new game to the Google home….and such a fun addition! You could even do this as a grown up party and set up a Star Wars trivia challenge night. It's also great for older kids!
Do you play Google Home Games in your house? What are the best games to play on your Google Home Mini or regular Google home?
Leave a Comment