You’ve helped out a lot of young Mom’s looking for ideas on potty training their kids.
Want to know How to Potty Train? We're talking printables, these 25 free printables are PERFECT for keeping track of potty progress! If you're on the hunt for potty training charts, then are great for setting up a reward system!
Let's talk about how to potty train. I have to admit, I was a little freaked out by the whole idea when it was our town. I envisioned a total disaster (which is ironic considering I was a teacher with special behavior management training). When Lydia was three (yes we waited until she was three) I mustered all my 14 years of experience and formulated our own plan for how to potty train (you can see what we did HERE). To my pleasant surprise, it worked in THREE DAYS! One of the biggest things that helped US? I created a chart based on my daughter's interests. We colored a princess crown every time she successfully used the potty. Because I know every kid isn't going to be head over heels excited about a princess potty training chart, I collected a bunch of options for the potty training mamas.
A few tips in hindsight that really helped us?
- Look for signs of readiness (see a full list HERE): like many other things, there is a developmental portion of this and your child needs to be ready
- Make sure that YOU have the time….this is a process for the parents too. If you're going with a get it done in a few days approach…..make sure you have three days to SPEND AT HOME. That means you'll be able to be patient with accidents, to clean up accidents, and to wake up at night if you are also doing overnight potty training at the same time.
- Stick to the plan. Whatever method you decide to use…….consistency is key (just like any other behavior system). Changes take time.
How to Potty Train: 25 Free Potty Training Charts Printables
Looking for charts that will be of interest to your child? These are some great printable option!
- Airplane Chart – Busy Mommy Media
- Princess Success Chart – Really Are You Serious
- Potty Passport Training Chart – Sunny Day Family
- Star Potty Chart – DIY Inspired
- Paw Print Potty Chart – Note Quite Susie Homemaker
- Super Hero Potty Training Masks – Really Are You Serious
- Printable Reward Charts for Potty Training – My Bored Toddler
- Potty Training Progress Chart – Family Food and Travel
- Minnie Mouse Potty Training Printable – Richly Blessed Richardsons
- Rainbow Potty Training Printable – Alice and Lois
- PAW Patrol Potty Training Printable – Nickelodeon Parents
- Frozen Chart – Love Bugs and Post Cards
- Mickey Mouse Potty Training Express Chart – Mewi Design
- Elmo Potty Training Chart – Hloom
- Candy Reward Training Chart – Sherbert Cafe
- ‘Cars' Potty Training Chart – Potty Training Online
- Peppa Pig Potty Chart – Potty Training 4 Kids
- Rocket Ship Potty Chart – Create in the Chaos
- Potty Time Training Chart – Twin Cities Moms Blog
- Animals Training Chart – Hip Baby
- Princess Reward Chart – Tip Junkie
- Customizable Potty Training Printable – The Scrap Shoppe Blog
- Boy and Girl Mickey Mouse Printables – By Pixel Perfect
- The Anything Sticker Chart – Make and Takes
- Sticker Potty Training Printable – One Crazy House
Are you looking for more tips on how to potty train? Be sure to check out our post on how we did it and to pin THIS post for future reference (you'll be happy you did)!
Leave a Comment