Thank you to Living Proof for helping me to create the perfect DIY blowout!
Quote from my pre-baby self…….”I’m totally going to continue to spend 45 minutes getting ready each morning. It’s important to have that time for myself once I have a baby.”
Fast forward to 7 months later. A 6 month old who needed attention each morning, a commute, and you know…..needing sleep. I uttered the dreaded words to my hairstylist. “I need wash and wear hair. I don’t have time!” Thank goodness, she didn’t give me a horrible haircut. She just gave me a great cut I can wear multiple ways. I can let it air dry over night and wear it in waves…..which takes no time at all. But, I recently got my hair blown out for an event…..and remembered how much I loved wearing my hair straight.
So, I decided to give it another shot. With a little experimentation……I found a streamlined routine for the perfect do it yourself blowout. And believe it or not? It’s actual faster in the morning! Why? This blowout lasts for 4 days! ( I know, I was amazed too!)
I’m sure that you’d love to save a little primping time as well…..so I’m teaming up with Living Proof to bring you 5 tips for how to get a great at home blowout.
1) product, product, product: what you use on your hair from start to finish? Makes or breaks your hair. I’ve talked about Living Proof before. In fact, I use it when I style my hair in wash and wear curls or blow dry it straight. What do I love about it? It WORKS. It just WORKS. The scientists behind Living Proof spent years perfecting their formulas. Instead of just using smoothing products, Living Proof products treat hair problems at the molecular level. So my dry hair? Actually gets healthier with each use! For a stellar blow out, I use a great shampoo and conditioner.
2) hair mask: Environmental damage to your hair causes huge issues. Especially when you want your hair to be looking it’s best for days on end with minimal tampering. I use a hair mask once a week…..I’ve noticed that my hair is easier to style!
3) no towels: Did you know that terry cloth towels can actually damage your hair and create frizz? Yup, they create the exact thing you’re trying to eliminate with a nice smooth blow dry. I dry my hair with an old t-shirt. The cotton fabric is softer, and my hair is significantly smoother.
4) prime your hair: We all know that makeup primer helps makeup last longer, right? Did you know that hair primer does the same thing? It allows hair products to work even more effectively and extends their life.
5) sleep carefully: a good night’s sleep is the enemy of every great blow dry…..so prepare your hair! A silk or jersey cotton pillowcase is less likely to create friction or damage your do. (Plus, they feel great!)
Want to get the perfect blow dry without spending the big bucks at the salon every week? Check out Living Proof’s product selector…..it will prescribe the perfect products for your hair type!
Now, the only question is……what to do with all that extra free time in the morning? Play with Lydia? Sleep in?