I love, love, love it all! I am currently obsessed with matte black hardware and fixtures. My vote is for the blue island, marbled countertop and white backsplash. Can’t wait to see it all come together!
Looking for light grey kitchen ideas? This is the mood board for our light and airy grey kitchen!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know we are in the midst of a VERY unexpected kitchen and living room remodel. We returned from our trip to Yosemite and Bass Lake over Spring Break to…..some pretty serious water damage in our kitchen and downstairs entry. So, here we are. With torn up floors, a few missing walls, and no kitchen at all.
The good news? Now we're getting close to the FUN part. The NEW kitchen. This is the first remodel we've done since moving to San Diego, and I'm really excited to flush out all our ideas into a firm plan. Putting everything together into a mood board helped a TON, and helped me to see which design elements looked best together.
Light Grey Kitchen Ideas
Our original kitchen was DARK. Dark brown cabinets, dark wooden floors, and……river rock borders that I'm pretty happy to say goodbye to. The plan? Light and upbeat looking. We'll have light wood floors, and very light grey elements in the kitchen area. The cabinets will be a very light grey (shaker cabinets) and we are debating if our island should also be light grey or if we should do a pretty slate blue for a pop of color.
Shop All Items:
- Matte Black Door Pulls: I THINK we've narrowed our hardware decision down to matte black. We debated a gold brushed finish, but ultimately I think the matte black will be timeless. I'm really excited to start working with Tina at Battle Creek Hardware, she'll be helping us decide on the final hardware…..and I LOVE their beautiful collection.
- Rattan Pendant Lights: Remember these lights from when I visited the Serena and Lily design center here in San Diego? Yes, I'm still in love with them. My goal? To hang one in our dining area, one in our tv area and then one in our kitchen. Since it's a fairly open space, it will be nice to have the continuity.
- Rattan Bar Stools: I'd love to upgrade our current bar stools to this set that will be more of a fit with our new light grey kitchen ideas and elements. These? Look PERFECT and I love the touches of grey to go with our whole vibe!
- Farmhouse Sink with Matte Black Faucet: We decided that we need a new sink to go with our new look (our current one is stainless steel). I love love love this farmhouse sink and we are planning to get a matte black faucet to match all our hardware!
- Marbled Tile Backsplash: This was one of our biggest debates. Marbled backsplash and countertops? Or solid white? To be honest, I'm still not SURE. I feel like we could go either way, and I'd LOVE your input!
- Marbled Countertops: We will be replacing our countertops and the butcher block on our island (which will either be slate blue or the same grey as our cabinets). This? Still undecided about the color as well (solid white or marbled).
I'm so excited to finally see our light grey kitchen ideas come together (and to HAVE a kitchen again)!
Leave a Comment