Looking for easy school lunch ideas? These suggestions from our community are a great jumping off point!
Did you see my cry for help on Instagram? This is the first time I've ever needed school lunch ideas. At Lydia's preschool, they provided meals and snacks. And I'm not going to lie, two weeks into the school year….I was struggling. Could I just send peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for the whole year? That's not THAT bad, right?
I realized that I have an amazing resource at my fingertips (and not just for easy school lunch ideas)…..you guys. I asked in an Instagram Story poll for your favorite school lunch ideas, and they flooded in. I was floored at the creative, easy ideas that all of you shared. I realized I could do more than a pb and j, and that it didn't have to be as difficult as I was making it. So these? 30 easy school lunch ideas (plus a few bonuses). Enough to make 30 lunches with no repeats. They're simple. Perfect for you know, picky kid eaters. And require a minimal amount of prep time (because realistically school mornings are already nutty……no one has time to spend an hour packing a lunch). Every one of these items can be housed in the same storage pieces ( a thermos for warm leftovers or a bento lunch box).
I plan to add to this list as more ideas come in, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back for new ideas.
School Lunch Ideas
School Lunch Ideas Suggested Products:
/ thermos to keep leftovers warm / a bento lunch box/
- homemade lunchables
- pinwheel sandwiches
- tuna packs
- greek salad
- cheese and crackers
- mini bagel and cream cheese
- pizza on naan bread
- banana and peanut butter wrapped in lavash bread
- pancakes or waffles
- oatmeal in a thermos
- yogurt parfait
- walking tacos: taco meat in a thermos and have add ins separate in a bento box
- avocado mixed with hard-boiled eggs and crackers
- sunbutter and jam sandwiches
- curry and rice
- grilled cheese sandwich
- ham and cheese roll ups
- chicken salad with crackers
- pizza wraps
- pita pocket sandwiches
- pasta salad
- trail mix
- mini muffins with nuts and veggies on the side
- hors d'oervres with a toothpick
- Trader Joe's Orange Chicken in a thermos
- grilled chicken, sliced apples
- Fun Friday where they get food they don't normally eat
- hummus and pretzels
- cheeseburger sliders
- pasta with meat on the side
- meatballs and veggies
- salami, cheese and crackers
What do you think? Do you have any easy school lunch ideas to add to our list? Leave them in the comments and I'll extend the list as much as possible!
Leave a Comment