Sounds tasty and easy – my 2 favorite things
Looking for healthy family recipes? These homemade veggie chips are SUPER easy to make and taste delicious (bonus they're toddler meal friendly)!
Toddlers are notoriously picky, right? One of my new year's resolutions this year is to try new recipes with Lydia. These homemade veggie chips were our first attempt…..and they're a HUGE HIT!
HOMEMADE VEGGIE CHIPS
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Wash and peel (if you wish) the vegetables
3. With a mandolin, slice all vegetables to 1/8” thick. Try to slice them as evenly as possible. This can be done by hand but will be very labor intensive. Reasonably priced mandolins can be purchased at any home goods store or even online through amazon.
4. Lay all the sliced vegetables onto kitchen towel. Lightly sprinkle them all with salt and leave them for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
5. Blot dry with extra kitchen towel.
6. Lay all the slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. (OPTIONAL: You can slightly spay them with an olive oil spray to help crisp them up further)
7. Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes. You should watch them carefully so they do not burn! Flip them over half way through cooking time.
8. Do these in batches as you don’t want to crowd the pan while baking.
For more easy family meal ideas…..check out our recipe section!
Leave a Comment