Heading to Disneyland? These are 15 Disney California Adventure Photo Spots are must visits!
Planning out the first of many Disneyland Vacations? Trust me, if this is going to be your first trip it won't be your last. And if it's your twentieth, there's still more to see. A couple years ago, I wrote a blog post about my favorite places to take pictures at Disneyland…..and now? I'm following it up with my favorite Disney California Adventure Photo Spots. Now you guys KNOW how much I love DCA. It's HIGHLY underrated. California Adventure has amazing food, vibrant rides and great shows……plus some of my favorite activities. And it also has……..killer photo spots.
15 Disney California Adventure Photo Spots
- Hollywood Land: Animation Academy and Happily Ever After Wall – If you follow us on Instagram, then you know that Animation Academy is one of my favorite places. From the drawing classes to the Anna and Elsa meet and greet…….it's a blast. It's also a GREAT place to take pictures. The front entrance is adorable for taking pictures, and when you walk in? That Happily Ever After wall that is so perfect for engagement photos.
- Hollywood Land: Captain Marvel Ship – If you love the Marvel Universe, then shooting in front of the Captain Marvel Shop is a must do. Fair warning, it's in VERY bright direct sun for most of the day. If you're looking for flattering lighting, try shooting at rope drop or after 6 pm.
- Hollywood Land: Monsters Inc Entrance – One of my PERSONAL favorite Disney California Adventure Photo Spots? The entire Monsters Inc ride. The adorable door at the entrance is super fun to take pictures in front of. The exit is great, and so is the fun mural. This is another spot to visit early morning if possible.
- Pixar Pier: Fun Wheel – Looking for that famous Fun Wheel photo? I'd suggest two locations to try. You can shoot at the start of the Pixar Pier or directly across from the Little Mermaid Ride. Both will give you a great vantage point.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – One of my favorite areas to let Lydia get her wiggles out? The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. It's also RARELY shown in pictures. I love how different it looks than the rest of the park. It's a GREAT area for shooting anytime of day since it's shaded.
- Pixar Pier: Lamplight Lounge Entrance – The entrance to the Lamplight Lounge is another great spot to take pictures. You'll get a closer view of the fun wheel, but also there are some great colored walls and poles to shoot with. It's a great spot to add some fun Disney color to your feed.
- Colored Houses (across from Little Mermaid) – Speaking of color…….another great place to add color to your feed? The Colored House Facades across from the Little Mermaid ride. These purple and blue houses are ADORABLE for taking pictures, and are always decorate for the holidays. BE warned…..the Zootopia characters do meet and greets in this location and they WILL photobomb your pictures if they find you there, ha!
- Pixar Pier Games – The Pixar Pier games area is a really unique spot to take pictures, and full of color and life. Want to get a chance to shoot without a ton of people in the background? Its usually empty first thing in the morning, and also looks ADORABLE all lit up at night!
- Carsland: Flo's V8 – I could write an entire blog post about my love for Carsland. It's colorful, vibrant, and has about a million places to take pictures. The most famous photo spot in Carsland? Flo's V8 cafe. The aqua gas pumps in the front are a GREAT spot to take pictures.
- Carsland: Fillmore's Taste In – Looking for a SUPER colorful spot to shoot? Fillmore's Taste In is covered in tie die, and also has a cool beaded curtain (Lydia's favorite).
- Carsland: Mural – On our last trip to Carland, we discovered this mural in the VERY back that I'd never noticed before. Isn't it cute? Looking for it? Head to the VERY back of Carsland, you'll run into a water fountain and town hall. It's on your LEFT.
- Carsland: Radiator Springs – Taking a picture in front of the Radiator Springs Racers ride is a classic, but for a great reason. This scenic ride looks AMAZING in pictures. It's also pretty bright mid-day, I'd suggest trying late afternoon if possible.
- Pacific Wharf: The Bakery Tour – Another underrated of the Disney California Adventure Photo Spots? The Pacific Wharf in general, but especially the Bakery Tour. The bread truck is a really fun spot to take pictures, and something a little more unique.
- Soaring Around the World – If you love more neutral tones and natural colors…….Soaring Around the World is a great spot to take pictures. We shot our Amelia Earhart themed pictures there, and I love how they turned out!
- Carthay Circle – If you'd like a vintage vibe in your pictures…..Carthay Circle is a GREAT spot. Try the lounge entrance for a really fun background!
Do you love to visit the parks? What are your favorite Disney California Adventure Photo Spots?
Leave a Comment