This Valentine's Day have fun with one or all of our 25 Family Date Night Ideas! Perfect tips for bonding as a family while enjoying the season!
This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of OshKosh B’gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
And just like that, another day of love is here. I love how Valentine's Day reminds us to devote time to the relationships in our lives. And one of the most important ones? Our relationships with our kids. Today we are sharing 25 Family Date Night Ideas that are easy to coordinate and a ton of fun!
Shop Lydia's Outfit
/ dress / headband /
(use code OKBG3273 to get 20% off any order over $40)
pictures by Maile Mason Photography
Family Date Night Ideas
- Picnic: Set up a fancy picnic for dinner. Bring decorations, tea sandwiches, the works!
- Drive-In: Set up a drive-in in your living room, and make cars out of cardboard boxes.
- Family Game Night: Old fashioned board games. Pick up a few new ones……and save them for a special occasion!
- Make Your Own Pizza: Use english muffins, spaghetti sauce, shredded cheese, and a variety of toppings to make mini pizzas.
- Coffee Date: Visit your favorite coffee shop for fancy drinks (hot chocolate for the kiddos).
- Hike: Try a new hike. Let your kids help you pick the route.
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar: Pick up ice cream, whipped cream and toppings. Let each member of the family make their fav!
- Bookstore Trip: Visit your favorite local bookshop……pick new books, and head home in time for bedtime stories.
- Museum Day: Let your kids select their favorite museum, and bring sketchpads along for each of you. Sketch your favorite pieces and share at the end!
- Star Gazing: Print a map of the stars, drink warm beverages on a blanket and see how many constellations you can find.
- Volunteer: Plan a family service project.
- Concert: Find a local concert to attend together (bonus points for selecting a new genre of music).
- Fort Building: Collect every pillow and sheet in the house……and build the best FORT EVER!
- Fancy Night: Dress to the nines, and go out to a special dinner.
- Bowling Night: Nothing like a family bowling night to bring a little fun competition to the table!
- Dress Up: Dress the whole family up in outfit from your child's favorite movie.
- Theme Park Visit: Disneyland? Great America? Plan a full day at your local theme park. Have your kids each pick a few attractions they'd like to hit up in advance and make a must do list.
- Our Story: Live in the town where you met? Take your kiddos along on a recreation of your first date.
- Camp Out Night: Plan an indoor campout for the whole family in your living room, complete with smores!
- Cupcake Date: Visit your favorite local cupcake shop and let each person pick their own. Bonus? Pick up a few cupcakes to have your children bring to their teacher or caregiver the next day.
- Lego Night: Build an entire city out of legos. Bonus if you recreate a REAL city!
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Let your kids plan an entire day of activities.
- Cooking Class: Take a cooking class together. Make it a goal for the whole family to be able to prepare at least one meal.
- Imaginary House Shopping: Visit a new neighborhood, walk around and EACH select the house you would want to buy. It's always fun to see what the kids pick!
- On the Night You Were Born: Take your kids on a recreation of the night they were born.
Want to buy your little one a new family date night wardrobe? OshKosh will be awarding 5 lucky winners a $100 gift card for Valentine's Day! To enter, share a photo of your family Valentine’s Day date night activity on Instagram or Twitter using the #bgoshbeminegiveaway!