All excellent suggestions! Thanks for sharing!
Sick of boring Mother's Day gifts? These fun Mothers Day Ideas are the perfect way to start annual family traditions to celebrate your mama!
Thank you to Hallmark at Walgreens for partnering with us to share our favorite Mothers Day Ideas.
This will be the first year we have a chance to celebrate Mother's Day as a family, every other year we've been traveling or had guests in town. So, THIS IS IT. We decided to start some Mother's Day family traditions of our own.
The goal? To come up with a few simple family activities that we will repeat every year on Mother's Day….and I can't wait to see how they evolve as Lydia gets older and how many special memories we can make along the way.
Mothers Day Ideas: 5 Special Family Traditions
- A Card for your Mom: One of my favorite family traditions growing up was to take a special trip to the store with my dad to select a Mother's Day card for my mother. Lydia and I actually just went to our local Walgreens to select a card to send to her grandma……and we had a blast picking out the perfect card for her (my mom loves to bake with Lydia when she visits, and Lydia picked out a card that showed a pile of cakes…..just like they make together). While we were there, Lydia spotted the perfect card for me (isn't this Hallmark coffee cup card the cutest thing ever for a coffee loving mama?). The Hallmark Signature line is filled with adorable cards for every type of mama. I would love to have Lydia pick out the “perfect card” for me each year and to write a secret letter inside. Yes, it will be scribbles this year…..but how cute to keep them all and look back as she gets older!
- Breakfast in Bed: BEST IDEA EVER, right? For little kids? They can help make toast or eggs……and old kids? Try a fun french toast recipe or pancakes! Not gonna lie, bring me a coffee, a Hallmark Mother’s Day card with a sweet little message and breakfast in bed? And I'll be the happiest mom alive.
- A Family Hike: Start the tradition of going on a family walk or hike each Mother's Day morning. Dad can help the kids create a fun message within their carefully selected Hallmark Mother’s Day card to tell her where the family will be hiking that day. As kids get older, the hikes can get longer. This year we may do a walk around the neighborhood……in a couple years? A longer hike will be PERFECT. It will be so sweet to see how the messages in your Hallmark Mother’s Day card grows as your hikes and children grow!
- Plant a Garden: Send your mother or wife (hint hint to all you dad’s out there) their favorite type of plant seed in a Hallmark Mother’s Day card each year, to add to the family's garden. It will be fun to see how they grow year after year (like your kids/ the grandkids)!
- Peace and Quiet: Set an afternoon agenda filled with peace and quiet for your mama. Maybe each year the rest of the family volunteers at a local shelter for a few hours. They could pre-select a few meaningful Hallmark Mother’s Day cards from Walgreens to bring to the shelter. While giving out Mother’s Day cards to those who may not be able to purchase one for their own moms, they could help shape a beautiful memory for someone else with one thoughtful gesture! And, Set up a fun activity for everyone ELSE, and bonus? Bring home her favorite takeout for dinner.
I loved taking this trip with Lydia, it brought back such fond memories of my own childhood and the fun I had planning special surprises for my mom. Is it weird that I still can't believe I'm older than she was when I went to ELEMENTARY SCHOOL? How did that happen so quickly?
Are you gearing up to celebrate your mom? Head over to Facebook to share a special memory about her, use #HallmarkAtWalgreens and you'll be entered to win a special #HallmarkAtWalgreens prize for Mom!So my question…..mamas, what family traditions do you participate in for Mother's Day? I can't WAIT to hear your Mothers Day Ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walgreens. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Comment