Anyone else lack inspiration when looking for Elf on the Shelf Hiding Places? This list will take you all the way up to Christmas Eve!
Ok. Let's talk about the Elf. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I'm a recovering Elf failure.
Yup, I forgot to move our Elf on the Shelf for four days last year.
Clearly, I'm not a last minute type of person, so this year I did a little research and added a few new ideas to our list. I'm happy to share, I'm prepared with 24 Elf on the Shelf hiding places this year. That's enought for the entire month of December up until Christmas Eve.
If you're anything like me, go ahead and pin this now….so that your elves move each and every day!
If you use the links to purchase an Elf on the Shelf for your family, Lipgloss and Crayons will receive a small commission.
What is the Elf on the Shelf
Let's talk basics. The Elf on the Shelf is a fun family tradition that has become an internet sensation.
The jist? This cute little elf comes to your house after Thanksgiving (some people start the day after Thanksgiving and some start on December 1st)…..and is there to report back to Santa.
He'll let the big man know if your children are naughty or nice, and as he monitors the house……he moves to a new spot each evening.
The fun part? Kids finding the elf in a new location each morning. Thus, the need for about a million Elf on the Shelf hiding places. Ok, not a million………but if you're starting on December 1st…….you'll need 24 places or ideas. And trust me, planning in advance is key.
24 Places to Hide Elf on the Shelf
- Hungry Elf: Hide your elf inside the pantry snacking on your child's favorite cereal
- Reading Elf: Place your elf on your bookshelf, reading your child's favorite bedtime story.
- Bath Tub Elf: Elves need baths too! Set your elf up with a small towel and have him or her wait next to the bubble bath bottle.
- Artsy Elf: Set up an art station filled with crayons and a christmas coloring book.Y our elf can start a piece of art for your child to finish.
- It's Cold Outside Elf: Even elves get cold! Set up a warming station for your elf with a little fire, hot chocolate, the works.
- Sleeping Elf: Put your elf to sleep on a small bed in your child's room.
- Letter to Santa: Hide your elf in the mailbox, and give him a letter to Santa to mail.
- Homework Elf: If your child is old enough to do homework, put a small pair of glasses on your elf, and set him or her up in your homework area.
- Decorating Elf: Set your elf in the Christmas tree. For extra holiday fun have him or her bring your child a new ornament each year.
- Snow Angels: Set your elf on a tray filled with flour, and let him make snow angels.
- Frozen Elf: Dress your elf in a mini scarf and blanket, and hide him in the freezer next to the ice cream.
- Driving: Sneak out to the car, and set your elf up in the drivers' seat.
- Laundry Elf: Let your elf sneak into the laundry room, and fold clean clothes. (Maybe he or she will encourage your kiddos to do the same.)
- Musical Elf: Have a piano or other musical instrument? Set your Elf up for a mini concert complete with an audience of toys
- Movie Night Elf: Have your elf intro the first Christmas movie of the year, complete with popcorn and candy.
- Clean Teeth Elf: Set up your elf next to the toothpaste, so he or she can remind your kids to brush
- Shopping Online Elf: Let your elf shop online for Christmas gifts
- Exercise Elf: Elves need to get their cardio on too! Hide the elf inside a pair of running shoes….bonus points for putting the elf in exercise gear.
- Selfie Elf: Set your elf up next to your phone in the charging dock, and get him ready for his very first selfie!
- Elf Builds His Own Home: Set up a home out of blocks, and let the elf finish it up!
- Caffeine Elf: Elves need coffee too, right? Hide the Elf in your morning mug, and see who finds it first!
- Elf Ordering Take Out: Who has time to cook? Not the Elf. Set your Elf up at the computer ready to other his favorite take out!
- Elf Wrapping Presents: We're all wrapping gifts this close to the actual holiday right? Let the Elf help out!
- Cookies and Milk Elf: Have your elf set out cookies and milk in preparation for the arrival of his boss!
What do you think? What are your favorite Elf on the Shelf Hiding Places?!?