Anyone else lack inspiration when looking for places to hide the elf on the shelf? This list will take you all the way up to Christmas eve!
Thank you to Payless Shoes for partnering with us for this holiday party outfit.
Ok. Let's talk about the Elf. If you follow me on instagram, then you know I'm an Elf failure. Yup, I forgot to move our Elf on the Shelf for four days. So, I did a little research. Clearly I'm not a last minute type of person. I'm happy to share, I'm prepared with Elf on the Shelf ideas for the rest of this year and I'm saving them for next year. If you're anything like me, go ahead and pin this now….so that next year our elves move each and every day!
SHOP OUR OUTFITS:
Mom // sleigh all day shirt / jeans / red heels c/o Payless //
Lydia // red floral crown / dress / knee socks / red shoes c/o Payless //
photos by Mily Cooper Photography
17 Places to Hide the Elf on the Shelf
- Hungry Elf: hide your elf inside the pantry snacking on some cereal
- Reading Elf: place the elf on your bookshelf, reading your child's favorite bedtime story
- Bath Tub Elf: elves need baths too, set your elf up with a small towel and have him or her wait next to the bubble bath bottle
- Artsy Elf: set up an art station filled with crayons and a christmas coloring book…..your elf can start a piece of art for your child to finish
- Sleeping Elf: Set up a small bed and put your elf to sleep in your child's room.
- Letter to Santa: Hide your elf in the mailbox, give him a letter to Santa to mail.
- Homework Elf: If your child is old enough to do homework, put a small pair of glasses on your elf, and set him or her up in your homework area.
- Decorating Elf: Set your elf in the Christmas tree, for extra holiday fun have him or her bring your child a new ornament each year.
- Snow Angels: Set your elf on a tray filled with flour, and let him or her make snow angels.
- Frozen Elf: add a mini scarf and blanket, and hide your elf in the freezer next to the ice cream
- Driving: Sneak out to the car, and set your elf up in the drivers' seat.
- Laundry: Let your elf sneak into the laundry room, and fold clean clothes (maybe he or she will encourage your kiddos to do the same)
- Musical Elf: Have a piano, set your Elf up for a mini concert….complete with an audience of toys
- Movie Night: Have your elf intro the first Christmas movie of the year, complete with popcorn and candy
- Clean Teeth: Set up your elf next to the toothpaste, so he or she can remind your kids to brush
- Shopping Online: Let your elf shop online for christmas gifts
You'll be seeing her adorable Christmas shoes a bunch in the next few weeks. If you are still shopping for holiday shoes, be sure to scroll down…..we're giving one reader a $100 Payless gift card!
Want to see more of our holiday series with Payless? Check out our list of simple hostess gifts!