This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website. This post may also contain items gifted for consideration.
Want to more baking with kids in your family? Us too (there's no time like the present)….and these are some of the tools we're using!
Lately, we've been looking for fun family activities…..and Lydia has been LOVING helping out in the kitchen. We've done zoom cooking classes, and even ordered a ton of new cookbooks that are perfect for family cooking sessions. So baking with kids? Is going to be a regular part of our at home learning schedule from here on out. It makes perfect sense doesn't it? I stocked up on kids baking tools and we’re ready to go….these are some of our favorite tools and pieces of cooking equipment.
Shop Them All:
- Kids Baking Knives: Every time I share these on stories, I get a million questions about them. This set of kid safe knives is super inexpensive ($11 for 3 of them) and a total god send. Lydia uses them to help chop veggies, and to even help prepare her own lunches. They're perfect for small hands, and totally safe.
- Personalized Apron: Every great chef needs a great apron right? You may have spotted the gingerbread men version that Lydia has in our stories. It was a sweet gift from her godmother and she LOVES it (it even has her name on it).
- Baking Mitt Set: These matching baking mitts are ADORABLE and the perfect companion to a personalized apron!
- Mini Spatula Set: We got this mini spatula set when Frozen 2 merchandise first released and LOVE IT. It's the perfect size for small hands (and who doesn't love anything with Olaf on it?).
- Retro Rolling Pins: We just ordered this adorable rolling pin……we have a couple but something about this one seemed extra magical!
- Cookie Baking Set: Somehow, it always seems like we need more cookie sheets and cooling racks (is this a sign we back too many cookies???). I'd suggest at least 3 cookie sheets and 3 cooling racks if you're planning on a fair amount of baking with kids (especially around the holidays).
- Measuring Cups: We have three sets of measuring cups, and Lydia loves having her own set to use. Remember, baking includes math skills and measuring is a huge part of that!
- Mixing Bowls: Our last mixing bowl set was a wedding gift and it FINALLY bit the dust last week. So, we just ordered a new set. I love how sleek and pretty this one looks!
- Silicone Baking Utensils: This silicone set of baking utensils is a perfect gift for the baker or mini chef in your life. It comes in a couple of colors….but the pink is my favorite!
- Stand Mixer: A stand mixer is on my baking bucket list, and something that goes on my wishlist for pretty much every holiday. Isn't this pink color perfection?!?
- Baking Spoons: We've gone through a couple of baking spoons sets, and just ordered this one for Lydia to use as her own. I love how sleek and easy to use it looks!
Is baking with kids happening in your house? What tools are you using?
Leave a Comment