I know, I know. I was apprehensive too. Overalls look babyish right? I'm showing you how to style my favorite black overalls and look mature (plus they're SUPER comfortable)!
Am I the only one who shied away from overalls? Honestly I thought they would be too juvenile looking OR super unflattering. I sort of filed them under cute only on really really skinny girls, and stopped thinking about them altogether. Well, now that the weather is finally cooling off, I have fall outfits on the brain. And one thing I kept pinning on Pinterest over and over again? Cute overalls. I wasn't sure if I loved denim overalls……but then I came across these corduroy black overalls, and I had to give them a try.
Shop my Outfit:
/ overalls / turtleneck / booties (similar) /
pictures by Cindy Green Photography
Black Overalls: How to Style Them for a Pear Shaped Body
After some trial and error, I can happily say that I'm overall obsessed. These black overalls will be on repeat all fall and even making some winter outfit appearances. I love that they can be dressed up or down, and they're a piece that CLEARLY isn't going out of style anytime soon.
When Styling Overalls Remember:
- keep your under layers fitted, otherwise your body will be hidden under baggy layers
- think color scheme (I love all black, or a simple striped tee underneath these black overalls)
- avoid a ton of accessories, overalls are already a pretty strong fashion statement…..simple stud earrings or hoops are really the only jewelry I'd add to a pair of overalls
- try booties or mules instead of sneakers, these more mature shoes look a little edgier than sneakers
- want to try overalls for a date night? Swap these booties for a pair of closed toed heels and add a bright lipstick
If you're looking for more great fashion tips for a pear shape body, check out:
Now, before you roll your eyes and say these overalls are too pricey……I snagged a sale option for you! I bought these from Shopbop (one of my favorite online spots to buy not too expensive designer pieces). And they JUST launched a major fall sale. In fact, you get 20% off any items you buy up to a total of $500 and 25% off if you spend more than that. Hint, I usually order with a friend so we hit over that $500 mark and get a bigger discount!
If you're looking to stock up on stellar basics (Hunter Boots, Spanx leggings, Paige Denim jeans, SOREL boots, Madewell tote bags) this is the time, these items NEVER go on sale!
A few of my favorites from the Shopbop Sale: