Stuck inside? These Rainy Day Activities for Kids will help you entertain your little ones (and actually enjoy a day stuck in the house)!
Thank you to Payless Shoes for partnering with us for this post sharing rainy day activities.
“The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.”-Dr. Seuss
Rainy day? Moms everywhere are scrambling for activities, right? Happens to the best of us. Rainy days end with stir crazy kids (and moms)….unless, you’ve got a plan for fun indoor activities. What I finally realized after way too many frustrating rainy days? Preparation is key. I made a list of 17 rainy day activities for kids……so now I’m ready when those days hit!
SHOP OUR OUTFITS:
Mommy // boots c/o Payless / jeans / sweater //
Lydia // boots c/o Payless / jeggings / poncho c/o Oliver & Abigail / hair bow c/o Purple Rose Bows //
pictures by Maile Mason Photography
- Visit the library or a local book store.
- Bake a fancy brunch to kick off the day (banana bread french toast is our fav)
- Make a book filled with coloring pages from your favorite movies
- Play dress up
- Build a fort out of pillows and blankets
- Make sock puppets
- Puzzles, puzzles, puzzles (I keep a couple new ones hidden for emergencies)
- Visit your local children’s museum
- Build a playdough station filled with tools and cookie cutters
- Play indoor hide and seek
- Turn an old cardboard shipping box into a boat (decorate and then sail the seas)
- Make your own crowns out of paper and glitter
- Introduce your kids to one of YOUR favorite childhood movies
- Have a teddy bear tea party
- Make cards to send to a pen pal
- Build a racetrack out of masking tape for matchbox cars
- Rain dying down? Go puddle jumping! (Lydia gets so exited when she sees me pull out our mommy and me rain boots from Payless……we may get a little wet…..but you only live once, right?)