Now that we're a week into summer vacation, we're finally jumping into our summer bucket list. This list of 11 family activities is perfect for completing over a summer break!
Yup, we're in the thick of summer. Between family vacations, beach days, and summer holidays…..we're in total heaven. But I already feel like it's flying by. We sat down this weekend, and made our own family summer bucket list. These are 11 activities we are promising to complete before the first day of school.
Summer Bucket List
- Jump in the Ocean: our plan? To hit up at least three new beaches and jump into the waves as a family at each of them.
- Summer Blockbuster: every summer, there's one or two GREAT kids' movies that come up. We're letting Lydia pick her favs for a couple family movie dates (Cars 3 was her first pick….and it was ADORABLE).
- Homemade Ice Cream: We're busting our ice cream maker out of storage, and making at least three flavors.
- Hikes: Hiking is something we haven't done a ton of, and we plan to change it this summer. Our goal is to visit at least two new National Parks and to get some great hikes in.
- Library Reading Club: we joined the reading club at our neighborhood library. We'll be doing a family book each day, and charting our reading time. They have super fun activities once we complete our chart!
- Taco Taste Testing: our goal? To find the best tacos in Los Angeles. We have a list of 12 spots to try…..and can't wait to visit them all.
- Pick Our Own Produce: summer produce is the BEST. We can't wait to hit up local farms and farmstands to pick our own fruits and vegetables.
- Water Park: Can you believe we've NEVER taken Lydia to a water park? This summer we're starting swimming lessons AND hitting up our local water park as often as possible.
- Popsicles: We always make our own popsicles, and can't WAIT to try a couple new recipes this summer.
- Give Back: Summer is a ROUGH time to be without a home. We plan to visit our local homeless shelter to donate sunscreen, water bottles, and mini fans.
- Get Outside: After a year of saying we would….we FINALLY built an outdoor play area at home. It's been a ton of fun to utilize already. We have an adorable new sandbox, a great water table, chairs for the adults, a sunshade to keep things comfortable…..and it looks great because we added a new outdoor rug…….it may be our favorite place in our home!
Did YOUR family create a summer bucket list? What's on yours?