Working on a new workout regime? Me too. I'm sharing my gym bag essentials……..
This post has been sponsored by Nature Valley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I've been trying a ton of new fitness classes, and found one that I JUST love. The catch? I go to the class right after work, so I have to pack all my gym bag essentials the night before. The first few times I was ALWAYS forgetting something. I finally sat down and wrote out everything I pack in my gym bag…..and now I've got it down to a science!
My Gym Bag Essentials
1.Hair Tie: I inevitably forget hair ties, and working out with out them? NOT fun. Now I keep a handful in my gym bag (my favorites are engineered to not leave bumps in your hair).
2. Towel: You'll sweat. A LOT. Keep a great towel in your bag, you'll thank yourself later. (I just picked up this Better Homes and Gardens towel, and it's PERFECT for gym use. It washes and dries quickly and rolls up to fit in my bag easily).
3. Water Bottle: We're supposed to drink how much water a day? Sixty ounces. And more when you work out.
4. Sunscreen: Most of the time, this just sits in my gym bag. But on the days I decide to run outside…..I'm always glad my favorite sunscreen is stored in my bag. It's better to have on hand than to go without! (I use this Equate Sport Sunscreen, it lasts perfectly through a great hike or jog).
5. Workout Gear: Pack your full outfit the night before. As silly as it sounds, I've forgotten a shirt or sports bra more times than I'd like to admit. For workout gear, I look for clothes that fit comfortably and don't chafe. This time of year? It's usually leggings and a lightweight tee. (This black tee from Athletic Works is one of my favs, I love how breathable it is)!
6.Face Wipes: Working out in makeup is NOT great for your skin. I usually wipe my makeup off right before I start class. I keep makeup wipes stored in my makeup bag, and then a simple bb cream to apply after class if I'm going elsewhere. (These Equate face wipes have been great, even on my sensitive skin).
7. Snacks: Probably the most important items in my workout bag? Post workout snack options. After a hard workout class, the last thing I want is to derail all that work with junk food. My current favorites? Nature Valley XL Bar Chocolate Nut & Seed Sweet & Salty Chewy Granola Bars (I snagged a box at our local Walmart). They're delicious, perfect for a post-workout snack, and the ideal size to stow in my workout bag (full disclosure I also keep a couple in my purse for snacks at work). Nature Valley just released a couple other new snack options that I can't wait to try: Soft-Baked Filled Squares and Layered Granola Nut Bars. They look DELISH – and come in a variety of flavors like honey peanut butter and cocoa peanut butter (for the Soft-Baked Filled Squares) and Chocolate Almond or Peanut Butter (for the Layered Granola Nut Bars).
Want to snag your own Nature Valley snacks? Find them at YOUR local Walmart!
What are YOUR gym bag essentials?