Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- We are slowly working our way through every Disney movie on earth…..this week? I introduced Lydia to Mulan. She LOVES it!
- My dad was in town last weekend, and we took him and Lydia to the California Science Center. They have an amazing Science of Pixar exhibit…..it's a must visit…..we all loved it!
- I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but The Bachelor started……and I spent WAY too much time watching it. Anyone else? It's like a TRAINWRECK, I can't stop tuning in!
- We all went back to work and school this week. Our three weeks of family time came to an end, and while the 5 am alarm is a little rough to hear….it is good be back to our normal routines.
- One last hurrah before school started? I treated myself to a spa morning. It was TOTAL heaven. Burke Williams is literally one of my favorite places…..and their semi-new Woodland Hills location is 15 minutes from my house! They offer eco-friendly Steam Pedicures, an in-house blow dry bar, and massages that feel like heaven. It was the perfect way to kick off the New Year (in fact, I'm considering investing in their monthly membership so that I'm required to get a service once a month and book off some time for myself)!
Top Five Sales:
- Bobeau Rib Long Sleeve Fuzzy Sweatshirt : This adorable sweatshirt is 33% off, what a steal!
- Herschel Supply Co. Heritage Kids' Backpack : A polka dot kids' size backpack? And it's 40% off.
- Disney Princess Collection : Zulily has a TON of Disney Princess stuff on major sale!
- Easter Basket Must Haves: (yes already), Zulily has a bunch of adorable Easter baskets and fillers….buy them now and thank yourself later.
- Zulily Cutie Contest: This may not be a sale, but you'll be going on a SHOPPING SPREE if you win! Zulily just announced their second #ZulilyCutie contest. What is a #zulilycutie? It’s an adorable kid with a unique style, personality and sense of fun.
The winner of The Official #zulilycutie Contest will receive:
· A trip to zulily headquarters in Seattle, WA for a photo shoot featuring the cutie, which will be used in an upcoming zulily campaign.
· Featured images and posts across zulily’s social media channels.
· A feature post on zulily’s blog, The Find, which is our daily dose of behind-the-scenes, the newest looks, and interesting content.
· A zulily shopping spree!
· The opportunity to take over zulily’s Instagram account with their photo shoot pics from the day.
SHOP THE SALE:
Top Five Reads:
- Why PPD is a Four Letter Word – I love this article my friend Laura wrote. So needed!
- The Moment Your Child Becomes a Person – You may cry. Just a warning.
Smiles, not sympathy: Why these Babies' Medical Helmets are Priceless Art – This dad is the BEST!
- Five Things My Child with Autism Has Taught Me – A must read for ANY parent.
- This Twist on a Free Book Box Needs to Spread Everywhere – I'm seriously considering building one outside my school!
Top Five Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – This was our first Instant Pot recipe test. It's AMAZING, and I can't get over how easy it is to make!
- Instant Pot Wendy's Copycat Chili – After I started raving about our Instant Pot on Instagram Stories, my friend Kimberly sent me her chili recipe. TO DIE FOR!
- Red Velvet Pancakes – It's NEVER too early to prep for Valentine's Day, right? Trust me, these are amazing!
- Chicken Soup – This Whole30 compliant chicken soup is AMAZING…….
- Homemade Veggie Chips – One of the best ways I've found to encourage my picky toddler to eat her veggies!
Top Five Give Back Products:
There are a TON of new releases from some of my favorite brands with a purpose for the new year!
- Toms x James Goldcrown Collection: James Goldcrown is an amazing mural artist (he actually painted one of our favorite murals here in LA) and he's teaming up with TOMS for a limited edition collection (these buy one give one to kids in need heart shoes are PERFECT for Valentine's Day)!
- Threads 4 Thought Elanor Hoodie: This adorable striped hoodie is a new must have from one of my favorite sustainable fashion companies. Threads 4 Thought is a certified B corp, and provides fair wages for all employees.
- Grace and Lace Flannel Cascade: I love this stylish take on a simple flannel. It's PERFECT for the last months of cold weather! Grace and Lace has been featured on Shark Tank, Good Morning America, The Today Show and more…..this amazing company supports Angel House, an organization that builds much needed orphanages in third world countries.
- Alex and Ani (PRODUCT)RED Heart Of Strength Charm Bangle: I love this red heart bangle, it's a perfect Valentine's Day Gift (for under $40) and it supports (Red), the amazing foundation created to fight AIDS on a global scale. Alex and Ani's Charity by Design bracelets are one of my favorite ways to support charities I love!
- Warby Parker Billie Sunglasses: These limited edition rose gold sunglasses are part of Warby Parker's Resort Collection, and are sold on a buy one give one model…..meaning for every pair of glasses you buy a pair are given to someone in need!
SHOP THESE ITEMS: