This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website. This post may also contain items gifted for consideration.
Mexican Wedding Cookies or Snowball cookies are some of my favorite Christmas cookies for the holidays. They seemed like the perfect contribution to our Cookie Swap this weekend…….
Ingredients: 1 cup almonds, 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 sticks of butter (softened), 2 1/4 cups of confectioner's sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, 1 large egg white (beaten)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast for about 12 minutes then let cool
2) Combine almonds, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor, process until almonds are chopped into small pieces (about 1 minute)
3) In a separate bowl: cream butter and 1 cup of confectioner's sugar until pale and fluffy (about 4 minutes)
4) Add vanilla and almond extract, mix on low. Add almond mixture from food processor and mix until combined.
5) Roll dough into small, 1 inch size balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with your palm if desired.
6) Bake cookies until light brown (about 25 minutes).
7) Pour remaining confectioner's sugar into a bowl. Roll warm cookies in sugar, then return to baking sheets to cool.