And……Natural Makeup and Natural Skincare part two. If you've been following along on social media (or read last week's post about all natural skincare), then you're up to speed. If not, a little backstory.
A couple months ago, I decided to do an experiment. I decided to use ONLY natural makeup and natural skincare for thirty days. Why? Because I started to research the toxins in my makeup, and it sort of freaked me out. Now, I have to be honest…..I'm definitely not an all natural type of person. In fact, I was pretty sure that any product I tried would be less effective than my previous beauty favorites. Well, I'm happy to say…..I was wrong. I tested over 60 all natural makeup and all natural skincare products…..and found some that I LOVE. In fact, I built a full all natural makeup and all natural skincare guide (see it HERE). In the guide you can see ALL the products that I recommend, they're even coded so that you can if they're vegan, cruelty-free, EWG verified or under $25.
My Daily All Natural Cosmetics Routine
While there are a LOT of products I loved, I wanted to share the natural cosmetics I used (and still use) each and every day………these are products that I'll be buying again and again.
- Juice Beauty Illuminating Primer: Primer was one of the products I was convinced I wouldn't find. I usually apply makeup at 6 am and expect it to last until the school day is over…..so primer is KEY. And this one by Juice Beauty? Totally surprised me. It also adds a hint of illumination without looking too glittery.
- BeautyCounter Tint Skin Foundation: The perfect everyday foundation. It's very blendable and easy to apply, plus gives medium coverage.
- RMS “un” Cover Up: Even after the 30 day experiment, I'm still using this concealer every day. It's creamy, has stellar coverage, and layers well for heavy coverage or on camera work (ie blog pictures).
- RMS Magic Luminizer: The BEST highlighter I've ever used. Period. It sells out on Sephora all the time, so when it's available be sure to grab some. I apply with my fingers, it can also be blended with a brush.
- BeautyCounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher: I'm a huge cream blush fan…..especially in warmer weather. BeautyCounter's is perfect for everyday wear (I wear it in Hibiscus).
- BeautyCounter Color Define Brow Pencil: I'm a little bit of a brow pencil snob……and this one? Looks natural, lasts all day, and comes in a stellar variety of colors.
- Lily Lolo Eye Primer: I love love love this eye primer, it's creamy and comes in two shades so it can be blended for a perfect color match.
- Mineral Fusion Eye Shadow : Mineral Fusion may be one of my new favorite companies for natural cosmetics. Their products are verified by the EWG. The shadows blend beautifully and last all day without creasing, and they're under $20 for a trio (they just started selling in CVS)!
- Jane Iredale Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner/Highlighter : I love a great smudgeable liner…..and Jane Irendale's is the best I've EVER tried. It's easy to apply, and lasts all day.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara: Organic mascara? It's like the holy grail. Practically impossible to find, and even harder to find a GREAT one. I tried, no joke six of them. And the winner? Happens to be under $15!
- Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint: This lip tint in Lychee is my everyday go to. I love it!
SHOP MY NATURAL MAKEUP BAG:
For the full line of products that I tested and loved (including pricing info, ingredient ratings, even which are EWG certified…..) check out my Natural Makeup and Natural Skincare Guide!
Which natural cosmetics do you want to try? I would love to hear!