Phew, it's been a WEEK. I'm currently on Spring Break, and as I write this….Lydia and I are flying back to California from Raleigh.
This week? And the project we were working on? Is one of my favorite things we've done since starting our blog. Elegantees is an amazing brand. They make stunning clothes and make a HUGE difference. How? They provide work, education and support for women in Nepal who have been rescued from se trafficking. I've loved their easy to wear pieces for years, and was over the moon when they asked my friend Molly and I to co-design a line with them. And bonus? For the first time, they're selling kids' clothes!
Earlier this week, Lydia and I flew across the country to meet Molly and Katie (the founder of Elegantees) for a whirlwind adventure. We saw the pieces in person that we've been working on since NOVEMBER. We shot pictures of every piece for their website and our blogs, and I snuck 13 (yes 13) pieces home in my suitcase. The line releases May 4th, and I can't WAIT for you guys to see it all!
My Five Favorite Moments From The Week:
- So, this sounds insane…..but Molly and I have known each for FIVE years and never met in person. That moment when we pulled up to her driveway? It's so cheesy, but it was just so special.
- Also potentially insane, Lydia and I stayed with Molly and her family for 4 nights (even though we'd never set eyes on each other before night 1)…..the internet is weird, right? But Lydia and Molly's daughter Lilly? You'd think they'd known each other their entire lives. They held hands, played together for HOURS, and were SO SO sad when we left to fly home.
- There were some, um issues with our clothes arriving to be photographed. Despite careful planning, they ended up being stuck in customs for weeks. They arrived, literally the morning we had to take pictures. Phew!
- We flew into Raleigh a day early, and my father in law drove up from South Carolina. We had a total blast visiting the local children's museum and getting to spend time with him.
- We are headed home, just in time for a couple days of rest and Easter together as a family.
Catch Up On This Week's Blog Posts:
Must Own Summer Dresses
How to Spoil Your Mama: 11 Mothers Day Activities to Do With Your Family ( and a $100 target giveaway)