Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- We had an amazing overnight getaway in San Diego last weekend. We spent a couple hours at Legoland before driving home on Sunday, and it was PERFECT for toddlers. Lydia loved it…..however, she got sick about 12 hours later (I guess I shouldn't have been joking the whole time about germs at theme parks).
- Valentine's Day was a little anti-climatic in our household (my husband had a grad school class until 10 pm)…..but we are going away for a night this weekend (whooooo hoooo)!
- My mom is coming to visit for a couple days (thus our trip away)…..and the really fun part? She's coming to work with me on Tuesday. My mom is a retired teacher, and I'm really excited for my students to meet her!
- We have two trips coming up (just Lydia and I)……one to Seattle and one to Raleigh. I'm over the moon excited to explore two new cities with my mini-me. If you have recommendations for places to visit in either city, let me know!
- I'm obsessed with graphic tees lately (they're perfect for my weekend mom-iform). One of my favorite companies? Banky Girl Creations. They make ADORABLE graphic tees and mugs, and donate a portion of their proceeds to a local woman's and children's hospital. They're giving one of YOU a $50 shop credit, so enter away!
Top Five Sales:
- TOMS Desert Wedge Bootie: My favorite wedges are on sale, hurry before they sell out!
- Love's Affect Drusy Pendant Necklace: I'm obsessed with statement necklaces, and this one? Finally in my price range.
- Madewell Transport Tote: I am not ashamed to admit I own this tote in three colors. And a few of those shades? On sale.
- Mickey and Minnie Items: Zulily is having a huge sale on Mickey and Minnie merchandise!
- GapxDisney: Gap has a whole Beauty and the Beast collection….it amazing, and ALL ON SALE!
Top Five Reads:
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables: These printables are so cute!
- Ballet School Invites Dads for Valentine's Day: just read it.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Face Oils: If you're obsessed with face oils like I am, this is a MUST read.
- Brickyard Buffalo: My friend Sandy is a guest editor over at Brickyard Buffalo…..and her curated shop is ADORABLE!
- Student Makes Valentine's for the WHOLE SCHOOL: This will warm you heart (pun intended).
Top Five Recipes:
- Amaretto Sour Jello Shots: In case you missed these, you're welcome.
- Bourbon-Soaked Cherries Tiramisu: Oh my gosh, yes please!
- Browned Butter Carrots: This look super easy to make, and delish.
- Spicy Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing: I'm always on the hunt for new salads….and this is on the must make list!
- Slowcooker Split Pea Soup: This is one of our rainy day staples.
Top Five Give Back Products:
- Toms Guatemala Where We Give Print: Every now and again Toms releases a shoe inspired by an area where they do shoe drops. This Guatemalan inspired print is AWESOME!
- 31 Bits Spring Collection: The colors in the 31 Bits Spring Collection are amazing, and I love their mission to support local artisans in high poverty communities.
- Threads for Thought Ember Top: I'm swooning over this new top from Threads for Thought….the lace part? PERFECT.
- Best Friends Bracelets: These adorable bangles benefit the American Heart Association.
- Disney Books: From now until March 31st, for every Disney book sold Disney will be donating one to children in need as a part of the Magic of Storytelling campaign.