Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- I got to visit the Disney lot last night and to see a sneak peek of Disneynature's new film Born in China. It's AMAZING, and in theatres April 21.
- Lydia is OBSESSED with dressing up and dramatic play. I'm looking for ways to organize her dress up clothes. How are you guys storing them? A mini wardrobe? Dresser? Bins?
- I'm one of the judges for the AOL Winter Beauty Awards. I got to test a TON of products. You can see them all here, but my TOP recommendation. This amazing brush cleaning mat!
- It's Kindness Week, and schools everywhere are participating. It's been SO fun to see my students participating in amazing acts of kindness. We even created a GIANT heart on the field (including all 750 students and teachers)!
- SkipHop just released an entire set of their mama must have products in their new Grey Feather Print. I love how neutral the print is! I'm teaming up with Skiphop to give one lucky reader an ENTIRE mama must have set in Grey Feather. One mama will win: a Pronto Changing Station, a Paci Pocket, a Double Bottle Bag, a Central Park Blanket, a Duo Signature Diaper Bag, a Wet Bag, a Stroller Liner, and a Shopping Cart Cover! (spoiler, I'm giving a SECOND set away on Facebook at 6 pm Friday (pacific time).
Top Five Sales:
- Little Tikes: Zulily has a TON of Little Tikes items on sale. The prices are KILLER!
- Sorel Boots: These boots are $30 off, and are a classic style you'll own for YEARS.
- Madewell x Saucony: These bright blue sneakers are PERFECT for playdates, and they're under $50.
- J.Crew: J.Crew is offering an additional 40% off sale items……and they've got a TON of great stuff!
- Dress Up: Looking for dress up clothes for your kiddos? Zulily has a TON on sale.
Top Five Reads:
- Perspective: I love, love, love reading Molly's reflections on her recent trip to Kenya.
- Entitlemania: How Not to Spoil Your Kids, and What to Do if You Have: Ok, this is a podcast. My friend Heather interviewed author and parenting expert Richard Watts and it's a MUST listen.
- How to Potty Train a Toddler in Three Days: You guys asked, so we wrote it. How I potty trained Lydia in three days. It was WAY easier than I thought it would be!
- All That is Three: Family goals. This mom and her daughters take the cutest pictures EVER.
- How to Find a Hairdresser: I love these tips for finding a hairdresser you LOVE!
Top Five Recipes:
- Red Berry Pomegranate Punch: My friend Julie shared this recipe on the blog this week, and it's AMAZING.
- Bourbon Fudge: Is it time to break our New Year's Resolutions yet? This fudge looks like the perfect cheat meal.
- Watermelon Paloma Cocktail: This super simple cocktail is pretty, and sounds delish!
- Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups: I can't WAIT to try making these for Lydia!
- Honey Garlic Salmon: This salmon looks super easy to make, it's on our meal plan for next week.
Top Five Give Back Products:
- Alex and Ani Celebrate Today Bangle to Benefit the American Cancer Society: Last week Alex and Ani launched a new charity bangle. The adorable cancer awareness bracelet
bangle donates 20% of each purchase to the American Cancer Society. I can't think of a more perfect gift for a cancer survivor in your life!
- Kate Spade On Purpose Leather Tote: Isn't this purse adorable? Kate Spade on Purpose is a collection of adorable purses and accessories that empowers women in Rwanda through social enterprise. A cute purse AND giving back? Perfect.
- Divine Chocolate: I recently discovered this company, and I’m OBSESSED. First of all, CHOCOLATE. This amazing company is a B-corp, and is the only 100% fairtrade chocolate company that is co-owned by their cocoa farmers. (bonus, you can order their treats on Amazon for quick and easy delivery!)
- Alternate Apparel Fifty Yardliner Vintage Sport French Terry T-Shirt: This is the perfect game day shirt, I love it! Alternative Apparel is an amazing Certified Green company that makes adorable clothes via Fair Trade practices.
- Giving Keys Love Mini Key Necklace: This adorable necklace is the PERFECT Valentine's Day gift. The Giving Keys is an amazing organization that employs people transitioning out of homelessness.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!