Bacon Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect comfort food for cold weather!
Anyone else bacon obsessed? This simple bacon macaroni and cheese recipe is the perfect easy family meal recipe…….its simple to make, and tastes amazing. Plus, it has total picky toddler appeal. Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
3 c Macaroni, uncooked
6 slices Bacon, cooked and diced (reserve a 2 tablespoons for garnish)
1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup
3 – 4 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
½ c Yogurt, plain
½ c Sour Cream
½ tsp Mustard powder
½ tsp White pepper (optional, can use black if you prefer)
1 tsp Salt
¼ c Milk
1. Cook macaroni slightly al dente (2 – 3 minutes shorter than cooking time on the package). Drain.
2. In a pot, mix together the soup, yogurt, sour cream, mustard powder, milk and salt and pepper.
3. Whisk together, add the milk, and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, take it off the heat, and add 2 cups of shredded cheese in increments, stirring between each addition to allow the cheese to melt before adding more.
4. When the sauce is smooth and all the cheese is melted, add the bacon, stir, and then pour the contents over the macaroni. Stir to combine well.
5. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese (start with one cup of cheese. If you want more coverage and a cheesier flavor, sprinkle the second cup).
6. Sprinkle the remaining garnish of bacon over the cheese.
7. Bake for approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted, gooey and browned.
8. Remove from oven after cooking time and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.