Is the weather warming up in your neck of the woods? These 5 spring outfit ideas will take you from today to fall in style!
I’m sharing #TideChic and my spring outfit must haves as part of a Tide® sponsored series for Socialstars™.
Well, it's just about 90 degrees here in Los Angeles. So, I guess warm weather is here to stay! Luckily, now I can totally justify the spring outfit shopping I've been doing. See hubby? Those packages that arrived last week? It was perfect timing! (Insert image of my husband rolling his eyes).To be fair, I have a lot of warm weather clothes. BUT, not a lot of them are playdate friendly. Now that Lydia is a walking, talking, running everywhere at turbo speed toddler……my spring outfit and summer outfit needs are a little different. Those pretty sundresses? I love them, but they're probably not super functional. Our daily life in the summer? Playgrounds, Disneyland, splash pads, the Zoo. Comfortable clothes are a must. And not to be vain, but I'd like to actually feel good about myself. So, they should be cute as well!
pictures by Cindy Green Photo
So, here they are. My five spring outfit and summer outfit must buys for real life moms.
Five Spring Outfit Ideas:
- Brightly Colored Shorts: I picked red this year. My requirements? Not ridiculously short, comfortable, and washable. A bright pair of shorts can be dressed up with wedge sandals or worn with flats for those days with the kiddos.
- Printed Tees: White tees are boring. A couple print tees (like this tribal tunic) will stretch your basic pieces. Pair a printed top with jean shorts, khackis, a skirt…..and it gives them all a new life!
- New Summer Accessories: Great accessories are an inexpensive way to spice up your daily wardrobe. My favs? These lightweight leather earrings. I know, you've seen them a lot. I wear them a lot. They're so comfortable, and add a little sass to my mom wear.
- Anything with Fringe: I'm obsessed with fringe. It just screams warm weather and carefree days. A simple white tee with fringe added? Looks amazing in the bright sun!
- Shoes that You Can Wear on Repeat: For me? It's a pair of flat sandals and a pair of wedge sandals in neutral colors. I rotate them depending on plans. Brunch with my mom friends? Wedge sandals. Playdate at the park? Flats.
One of the hardest things about warm weather pieces for me? They tend to be lighter and more delicate. I can't tell you how many items I've ruined in the wash! So my plan this summer? Invest in a few great pieces and take good care of them! Enter TIDE PODS®. They do a great job of gently cleaning delicate fabrics so that busy moms can wear them again and again without looking like we picked our clothes up off the floor. (Public Service Announcement: don’t forget that TIDE PODS® go into the laundry FIRST, before the clothes! ) So mamas, what are YOUR spring outfit must haves? Want to see more pieces I'm craving for warm weather? Check out ten Spring Fashion Trends every woman should try!
Love Lula Roe as much as I do? Check out the other pieces I've styled:
Welcome to Let it Shine…..the new, revamped Funday Monday! After two years….we decided to rename our link up to something we felt would be a better fit. Thus, Let it Shine! Why the name? Because we want this link up to be just that…..your chance to let it shine. We'll be sharing our favs here each week and on social media……
Another place we will be showcasing our favs? The Let It Shine Pinterest Board