This post is sponsored by OshKosh B’Gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I know, the cuteness…..right? The whole time I was taking these pictures, Lydia kept telling me she wanted to go on an airplane and fly away. All I wanted to say? “Me too, kid. Me too.”
While I’m dreaming of tropical getaways and amazing spring vacations, we’ll be staying closer to home this year. Between my husband’s and my schedules, we have a couple days off together but not quite enough time for a real trip……so, I’m planning some great stay-cation acitivities…..simple things we can do in our own town!5 Simple Spring Break Activities to Enjoy in Your Hometown:
- Try a new park or playground: we all always go to the same ones, right? For me, it’s the two closest to my house. This spring break? I have a list of playground that are a little further away, and can’t wait to explore them!
- Play tourist in your own town: those big attractions you normally avoid? Visit them, and spend the day doing all the cheesy tourist activities you normally roll your eyes at. (hello Santa Monica pier!)
- Make it goal to try 3 new places to eat: when you’re traveling, you try new food….so do it at home! Our goals? For Lydia to try three new types of food. Sushi, Greek Food, and Indian!
- Plan an all day activity: get OUT of your house for a whole day. For us, it’s a day at Disneyland. It’s far enough away to warrant a full day trip. Lydia (gasp) might even skip her nap. But it’s vacation, right?
- Check out local museums: a ton of local museums have spring break activities……art projects, camps, special exhibits…..see what your local museums have to offer!
So, a couple things us toddler moms need to think about. What to pack for a WHOLE DAY away. Right? See these suitcases? Sometimes I feel like I need them just to leave our house for a day trip. Every time we leave our home for the day…..I pack the following: snacks, water bottles, books and two extra outfits. Yup, two. Between playgrounds and food spills……leaving without changes of clothes is a recipe for disaster.
So what am I packing? Simple and easy spring break staples from Oshkosh B’gosh. Their spring fashion line for toddlers is seriously adorable. In fact, I always keep at least one alternative outfit in our diaper bag. I just switched our winter one out for this adorable cotton blouse and shorts set. It rolls easily, and is perfect for warmer weather!