Here in lala land, food trucks are still going strong…..and best food truck of all is this one……
Unfortunately I can’t go chasing the truck all over the city every time I want a Kogi beef taco. So, I did a little experimentation……and found my own recipe!
These tacos are amazing, warning…..you’ll eat them all in one sitting!
Ingredients: corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, green onion, Kogi beef, olive oil, soy sauce, lime
1) Bool Kogi from Trader Joes is the way to go…..already marinated and sliced. Heat a small amount of oil (sesame or olive oil) in a skillet, and then add the meat. Flip regularly until browned all the way through (this should take about 10-15 minutes).
2) While the meat is cooking, prepare the green onions. Slice the green shoots of 6-8 green onions into small pieces. Mix with 6 – 8 cups of shredded cabbage.
3) Mix the following in a small bowl: 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 – 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1-2 tablespoons of schirahca
4) Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then pour into the veggies and toss until it is evenly distributed.
5) Remove the cooked meat from the heat, let cool and then slice into small pieces.
6) Heat the tortillas……and enjoy!
Bonus: they’re gluten free!