That dress, oh my goodness! I feel ya on the traveling thing. IN the past 7 months I’ve had to be gone for 4 weeks, it’s insane! I’ve been at my job for 14 years and this is pretty much the only time I’ve traveled this much, I’ve done 2 other trips but it was before kids, so no big deal right? That dress, holy cow, I would wear it on repeat, off to get myself one now! You look fantastic.
Planning a trip? I'm sharing my must pack simple pieces that travel well……and easily transition to multiple events and activities!Home sweet home. In the last two weeks, I've spent five days in New York and three days in Nashville. That's a lot of travel for someone who has a job that doesn't require travel EVER. I had an amazing time in both cities (I may have fallen in love with Nashville)……but it sure is good to be home.
I'm a notorious overpacker. I pack ten pairs of shoes because I MIGHT need them, and end up only wearing a few. At the last minute, I throw in extra shirts…..and then I never wear them. On these two trips, I tried to REALLY think about what I needed and to pack items that would be functional as well as fashionable. I wanted to share a few of my favorite things to pack……they each got a ton of use, and traveled well!
Shop my Outfit:
// dress / heels //
pictures by Laurel Creative
Must Pack Items for a Summer Trip:
- A Versatile Dress: I'm a little embarrassed to admit how many times I've worn this dress in the last two weeks. I wore it in New York, Nashville, and in between trips in Los Angeles (twice). It fits like a dream, rolls up easily in a suitcase, and goes from day to night by changing shoes and jewelry.
- Low Heels: I wear heels a whole lot less these days. Mostly because I'm over sore feet. But I finally found a pair of low heels that look great for night events, but won't kill my soles.
- Cute Pajamas: Nothing worse than ugly pajamas when you're staying in a hotel. I finally snagged some cute ones from Soma Intimates, and they were super affordable!
- Flat Sandals: A total necessity for summer travel. For me? Birkenstocks. They can be worn with a sundress or shorts……and are perfect for touristy days exploring.
- A Crossbody Bag: Running around a new city all day? You don't want a big bag. A simple crossbody that you love is perfect for travel!
- Jewelry Options: The easiest way to get more looks from a couple pieces of clothing? Switch up your accessories. I bring a couple pairs of earrings and a fun necklace or two.
- Joggers for Travel Day: I avoided buying these pants because I thought they were too pricey. Now I own them in two colors. They fit like a dream, and they're PERFECT for airplane rides.
SHOP MY TRAVEL STAPLES:
Leave a Comment