Looking for at home workouts for kids? These are all free options guaranteed to keep your kids happy, busy and moving!
Here are. At home. For quite some time. And in most of the country, it’s still pretty cold. So I’m guessing outside play is harder than we’d like. I wanted to share 9 free at home workouts for kids that I’ve used in the classroom and that we’re using now that we’re on an at home learning schedule here in our house. These are all totally free to use for an unlimited amount of time, specifically made for kids, and vetted by my six year old (ha!).
Free At Home Workouts For Kids
1.Cosmic Kids Yoga: This is mainstay in our house. These adorable kids’ yoga classes are on their app and on their Youtube Channel. The instructor does an amazing job of using stories the kids are familiar with to lead them through yoga classes. They’re super engaging and a ton of fun!
2. Go Noodle: Looking for short movement breaks in between other activities? Go Noodle was a program I used in the classroom a TON. These short dance videos are 3-4 minutes long. There are a ton of “channels” and trust me, your kids will find their favs.
3. Booster: Booster is a school fundraising platform, and right now? They’re doing daily movement classes on their facebook page. These are fun, engaging and a great 30 minute break for you!
4. Active Kids Do Better: This PE program from the UK has a ton of suggestions for games you can set up in your house with equipment you already have. This one takes a little more grown up direction, but could also be set up by older kids.
5. Disney Family Workouts: These family workouts aren’t new, but man are they timely. A couple years ago Disney Family put together a set of kid friendly workout videos themed to different Disney characters and movies. They’re totally free on their website and a ton of fun (Moana is our favorite)!
6. Fluency and Fitness: Fluency and Fitness is normally used in classrooms to review academic skills with movement (think addition facts and sight words) but right now they’re offering free access to everyone. These are perfect for kindergarten to second grade.
7. The Body Coach: PE with Joe: THIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! The Body Coach is a huge youtube channel, and now? Joe is doing daily pe classes. They’re about 30 minutes long, and super engaging. Trust, your kids will love them!
8. Dancing Alone Together: This website is amazing for anyone who has a dancer in their household. It’s a library of dance companies and professional dancers offering free live classes (for all levels).
9. Yoga Learning Adventures: This Youtube channel has some adorable superhero themed yoga classes and is adding more classes each day!
Are you using any at home workouts for kids in your household? What are your favorites?