Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth? Check out the Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Halloween 2017 for must sees, must rides, and must eats!
Thank you to Disneyland for hosting our visit.It's Halloween Time at Disneyland! If you follow me on Instagram, then you know Disneyland Halloween 2017 is here AND that I got to see it live and in person. From September 15th to October 31st, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will be looking a little spookier than usual. If you love holidays at the Happiest Place on Earth, then be sure to set aside a date on your calendar to Disneybound……because Halloween at the park is over the top this year!
I got the scoop on Disney Halloween Food, the special Halloween Decor, and the fun Halloween additions to some of your favorite rides (there are even great options for little ones).
The Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Halloween 2017
For the first time, Disneyland Halloween also includes Disney California Adventure. That's right, two parks…..filled with Halloween fun! From Cars Land to a special evening lighting display on Buena Vista Street to the traditional Haunted Mansion…..Disneyland Halloween 2017 may just be the best year yet.
What to See:
There are a ton of special things to see when visiting Disneyland and Disney California Adventure for Halloween.
A few of our favorites inside Disneyland:
- Giant Pumpkin on Main Street: the giant pumpkin when you enter Disneyland is a Halloween tradition! If you want to snap a photo, try to get to the park EARLY or stay until closing……otherwise there will be a bit of a wait!
- The Haunted Mansion: it's a ton of fun to see the mansion all done up….and who doesn't love the gates adorned with bows?
- Characters in Costume: one of the best things about Halloween at Disney? Seeing the characters in costume! Be sure to use the Disneyland app to check out character meet and greet times, or snag tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party to guarantee a chance to see your favorite characters in full Halloween garb!
A few of our favorites inside Disney California Adventure:
- Oogie Boogie Casting a Spell: If you love the Nightmare Before Christmas, then Oogie Boogie will be one of your favorite parts of Disneyland Halloween 2017. The creepy character has taken up residence at the entrance to California Adventure, and even cast a spell over the park! (bonus, if you listen carefully, you'll hear him talking to the crowd as you enter)
- Cars Land Haul-O-Ween: Cars Land has been totally transformed for Halloween and it's ADORABLE! From the spooky lighting to the moss and cobwebs and the Cars characters in costume, it's a ton of fun for kids of all ages (this was my favorite part of the park this year)!
- Buena Vista Street Transformation and Decor: Buena Vista Street is covered in purple, black and grey. There are bats EVERYWHERE, even coming out of the Carthay Circle Theatre bellfry. Want to see a little Disney magic? Stand in front of the circle at sundown (about 7:02 pm) to see the whole area transition. The bell tolls, lights change, it's really fun to see the haunting begin for the night!
- Plaza de la Familia: In celebration of the upcoming release of Disney-Pixar's Coco, the story of a little boy who dreams of becoming a mariachi star and visits his ancestors during Dia de Los Muertos………Disney California Adventure is hosting an amazing celebration of culture and family. The Plaza de Familia will be hosting traditional activities, dance performances and more (and the Dia de los Muertos treats might be my favorites)!
Mickey's Halloween Party:
Mickey's Halloween Party is a Disney Halloween classic, we're actually headed there for the first time this week! It allows you a protected time to trick or treat, see Halloween characters and even wear costumes!
Big time bonus this year: with the purchase of a Mickey's Halloween Party ticket, you receive a three hour bonus. You can enter EITHER park for three hours before the party starts! (remember tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party go on sale in July each year…….so be sure to put an alert in your calendars).
What to Ride:
- Haunted Mansion: As always, the Haunted Mansion inside Disneyland is decked out for the holiday! It's a MUST ride, and a total Disney classic.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark: Even though it JUST opened in May, Guardians of the Galaxy already has been made over to celebrate the spookiest time of the year! Be sure to check out the lighting changes, new scary soundtrack and changes to the ride (if you're brave enough to try it)!
- Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree: Mater's adorable Junkyard Jamboree has been transformed to celebrate Halloween. It's got the cutest new soundtrack and has been transitioned into a mini graveyard….the Mater statue in front even has a mummy costume (perfect photo opportunity). This is my favorite ride for mini Disney fans…..it's perfect for preschoolers and toddlers.
- Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween: Luigi's Rollickin' Roadster? Has become a fun Halloween dance party, Luigi even has a few new songs for the occasion!
What to Eat:
No trip to Disneyland is complete with the FOOD! There are a ton of special food options for Disneyland Halloween 2017. We marked our favorites in red!
- Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae (Clarabelle's Handscooped Ice Cream)
- Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich (Clarabelle's Handscooped Ice Cream)
- Sleepy Hollow Cupcake ( Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe)
- Green Apple Spell Lemonade (Smokejumpers Grill)
- Monstermallow Donut (Schmoozies)
- “Ghost”-ly Pepper Nachos (Cove Bar)
- Pumpkin Raisin Bread Pudding and Anchor Blood Orange Blondie (Pacific Wharf Cafe)
- Slow-Burnin' Mac & Cheese Cone (Cone Crazy Motel)
- Car-achnid Pot Pie (Flo's V8 Cafe)
- Mickey Bat Cookies
- Halloween Colored Churros
- Candy Corn Cotton Candy
Looking for more Disneyland Tips? Check out our Ultimate Disneyland Guide! Are you planning to head to the parks for Disneyland Halloween 2017?