Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- I'm SO SO SO excited, this weekend we are ALL about the new Beauty and the Beast. Saturday night the whole family is going to a screening of the movie on the Disney animation lot, and Sunday I'll be attending the press junket (yup I get to see Emma Watson live and in person)!
- Lydia switched to a new class at school (they switch as each child reaches a new age), and she's LOVING it. The paranoid part of me always worries that these transitions will be a struggle for her. I'm so glad it went smoothly!
- I'm visiting a new spa this afternoon for a quick facial. It just opened, and (hold on to your hats) offers CHILDCARE. Yup, genius right?
- Anyone elses' kids celebrate Read Across America week at school? It's so lame, but I loved seeing at the kids at my school and Lydia's all dressed up and celebrating one of my favorite authors!
- Lydia has picked up a My Little Pony addiction. Seriously, it's hysterical. She begs to hear the theme song all the time. I'm starting to think I should get her a few more of the ponies?
Top Five Sales:
The week is the BEST sale week!
2. TOMS Secret Sale is ON, a couple times a year they sell a ton of their shoes at a major discount.
3. The crazy thing? Zulily has TOMS on sale TOO!
4. Madewell has 15% off just about everything, so if you want one of the totes? This is the week to buy it!
Top Five Reads:
- The Babysitter, if you love the Bachelor….watch this. It's hysterical!
- Problems vs PROBLEMS: a must read
- Adult Coloring Pages: My friend Angela has the BEST adult coloring series and I love it!
- Beauty and Beast Coloring Pages: I have a TON of free Beauty and the Beast printable coloring pages……Lydia is OBSESSED with them!
- What Our Daughters Hear When We Criticize Our Bodies
Top Five Recipes:
- Mexican Breakfast Tacos
- Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies
- Apple Raisin Breakfast Casserole
- How to Make a Rainbow Smoothie
- Carmelized Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
This week I am teaming up with an amazing group of ladies to bring you an INCREDIBLE giveaway. One lucky reader will win a $1,000 gift card to Target!
This Week's Reading:
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!