Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- Ok you guys, I never thought I'd say this….but I'm a clean beauty convert. I went to an amazing event at the new Credo Beauty Store in LA. They carry some amazing brands (both in store and online)…….and I think I'm going to try only clean beauty products for a month. I'm curious to see how it effects my skin and if I feel the products are AS effective. If you have a clean beauty product you love, please let me know!
- This weekend Lydia and I are headed to the #magicofreading event with Disney for Disney Reads Day. It's open to the public (there are tons of locations: find yours HERE), and has a big give back component. Disney is encouraging fans to take a #shelfie ( a picture with their favorite book or in front of a bookshelf)….for every image taken, they'll be donating a book to a child in need.
- I have to admit, I'm not crafty. I want to be. But, I'm just not. I was SUPER excited to go to an event with Michael's last night, and to get some crafting tips. The best part? I got to have a little chat with MASTER crafter Busy Phillips, and got some great advice about crafting with kids. I'll be sharing her tips over on my facebook page this weekend!
- We have a crazy busy Saturday this weekend….is it wrong that I want to do NOTHING on Sunday to balance it out?
- Freshly Picked Giveaway: We all know Freshly Picked, right? They make the cutest baby moccasins on earth. But did you know they make hard sole shoes? Lydia is OBSESSED with their fringe sneakers, and I love that they are perfect for an active three year old! We are teaming up with Freshly Picked to give one winner a pair of Freshly Picked shoes (type of your choice).
winner must not have won another Freshly Picked giveaway in the last 60 days
Top Five Sales:
- Sperry for J.Crew boots in Colorblock: Am I the ONLY one who didn't know Sperry and J.Crew did a collab? It's amazing on it's on MAJOR sale.
- XO Sequin Tee: This adorable XO toddler tee is under $15 and perfect for Valentine's Day!
- Free People Low Tide Cardigan: If you are looking for the perfect slouchy cardigan, look no further!
- Chicco Sale: Zulily has a ton of car seats, strollers and other baby must haves on sale!
- Ulta Coupon: Ulta is offering $3.50 of any valid purchase until 2/11. Get the coupon HERE.
Top Five Reads:
- 10 Places to Buy Clothes that Give Back to the ACLU: A must read.
- I Quit My Job for This: I love this post about leaving a full time job to be home with kids.
- 100 Best Children's Books of All Time: If you haven't read this list, do it now.
- Why Children Need Diverse Books and Where to Find Them: I found some GREAT new books for Lydia!
- How to Save Money on Groceries: I spent a LOT of time researching ways to save money on groceries….be sure to read my tips!
Top Five Recipes:
- Banana Bread French Toast: Brunching this weekend? Our banana bread french toast is a MUST try.
- Game Day Dips: These are ADORABLE and perfect for Sunday's festivities!
- Chipotle Bloody Mary: Speaking of game day, this spicy bloody mary is DELISH.
- Loaded Cheeseburger Fries: Oh my gosh, YUM.
- One Pot Mexican Chicken: You had me at one pot. And Mexican.
Top Five Give Back Products:
- Toms Deconstructed Alpargatas: Toms released an ADORABLE new shoe this week, and the pink blush version? Spring perfection.
- Warby Parker with Amanda de Cadenet: Warby Parker just released a limited edition collection with Amanda and the frames are AMAZING (hello pink sunglasses)!
- Threads for Thought Refugees Welcome Tee: As if Threads for Thought wasn't already one of my favorite companies, they are partnering with the International Rescue Committee and all proceeds from shirt sales will be donate to the IRC.
- Everlane 100% Human Tee: Everlane's new tee is adorable, under $30, and donates a portion to the ACLU.
- J.Crew Teach for American Shirt: J.Crew's tee is adorable and benefits the amazing organization that places recent college graduates in inner city schools (50% of the proceeds from the tee will be donated to Teach for America).
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!