Gearing up for Christmas? These 18 Christmas Family Activities are perfect ways to enjoy the season!
Thank you to Kohl's for partnering with us on this Christmas Bucket List.
SHOP OUR OUFITS:
Mommy: / dress / shoes / necklace /
Lydia: / dress / shoes / bow /
pictures by Maile Mason
This is my favorite time of the year. From the cookie exchanges to the pretty lights, I love spending time over the holidays together as a family. This year is the first time I feel like Lydia really GETS Christmas. She is so excited about the festivities, and I've been making a huge list of family activities to celebrate the season.18 Family Activities for Christmas:
- Visit a Christmas Tree Farm
- Pick out a new ornament to symbolize the year
- Make hot chocolate
- Drive through your neighborhood and enjoy the Christmas lights
- Adopt a family and buy presents for children in need
- Visit your retirement home and decorate their lobby
- Check out Christmas Books from your local library and read one a night
- Make your own Advent Calendar
- Participate in Molly's 25 Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
- Build a Snowman (even in LA, we can find snow at our local children's museum)
- Go Caroling in your Neighborhood
- Build a Fire in Your Fireplace
- Find a local rink and go Ice Skating
- Wear a Tacky Holiday Sweater
- Write a Letter to Santa
- Decorate a Gingerbread House
- Have a Christmas Movie Marathon
And number 18? Take Holiday Pictures: ‘Tis the season, right? I swear, I get more emails asking for tips about taking family photos than just about anything else. We actually have an entire series about the subject. One of the things that helps holiday photos to shine? Great outfits. Coordinated colors and festive pieces. We teamed up with Kohl's to take these mommy and me Christmas pictures…..and I loved checking out their holiday outfit options in preparation. My favorite part? The stellar prices.
Kohl's carries great fashion options at amazing price points. So those special holiday outfits? Won't break the bank.