Do you have a list of pictures to take of your kids? Besides holiday pictures, what photos do you take of your little ones? We're sharing 10 must take photos, that you should be taking each and every year!
pictures by Mily Cooper Photography
Let's talk pictures. The older Lydia gets, the faster it seems like the time is going. We recently sat down, and made a list of photos we want to be sure we take each year that aren't holiday pictures. While birthday and Christmas photos are important…..today we're talking about OTHER pictures you'll be happy you have when your teenagers don't want you taking pictures of them anymore.10 Pictures To Take of Your Kids Every Single Year
- Early Mornings: As kids get older, mornings change. Be sure to snap a picture of your little ones slurping away at their cereal in those adorable footie pajamas.
- Favorite Book: If books are as important in your household as they are in ours, they're a huge part of each year. Take a picture of your child reading their favorite book. Compare them year after year….it is amazing how those favorites change!
- Regular School Day: We all snap those first day of school pictures, but what about a regular school day? If you walk to school, snap a few photos along the way. Drive? Park a block away and take candids on the walk. Those day to day moments? Hold the most memories.
- Play Time: You know those times when you glance over and your little one is totally engrossed in playing? Blocks, puppets, puzzles…….keep a camera close by to capture the moment.
- Balloon Pictures: Take a picture each year of your kiddo holding a bouquet of balloons. No matter how old they get, the pictures will always be cute!
- A Picture with Each Parent: As parents, we almost always forget to be IN the photos. Pick a day each year to focus on getting pictures of each of you and your kids.
- Get some air: Nothing like a kid jumping to liven up a picture……take a picture each year of your kiddo mid-jump.
- Same Place Every Year: Pick a location….your favorite ice cream shop, your favorite street art, the beach. Return every year for a picture.
- Laughing: Pictures of kids calmly smiling at the camera? Totally overrated. Snap your child in the middle of a giggle fit. You'll thank yourself later.
- Dreams: Each year, ask your kid to dress up as what they want to be when they grow up. Their choices will amaze you!