Photographs by: Cindy Green Photo
Location: Four Seasons Westlake Village
I got an email from a reader recently that said she's love it if I shared more about myself…….so, I thought I'd do something fun today. I'm sharing ten random things you probably don't know about me from reading this blog. 10 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I'm a teacher. I've been an elementary school teacher for 13 years, and am currently working as an Intervention Coordinator. What does that mean? Instead of having my own class of 25 students, I work with different kids every 45 minutes. I pull groups of students who are struggling readers out of their classroom for extra support. I also run a database that reflects reading scores for the whole school, and I love it. It's totally dorking, but I absolutely love what I do.
- I have a thyroid condition, it was diagnosed when I was 12. It's never caused a huge problem for me, aside from having a hard time losing weight.
- Growing up, I wanted to be a defense attorney. I used to practice closing arguments in front of my stuffed animals. I was a pre-law major in undergrad….and hated it. I don't have a competitive bone in my body, law school would have been total torture.
- I work in an “inner-city school.” 100% of the children at my school live below the poverty line. I speak to Child Protective Services and Social Services more than anyone should. I've also seen some of the most amazing parents despite some of the toughest of circumstances.
- I travelled to Northern Island with our church and Habitat for Humanity about six years ago, for one week this girly girl hammered nails, tiled a roof and it changed my life. I fell in love with the country, and dream of going back.
- I'm a bookworm. I read every single night. No matter what is going on with my blog or work, I carve out 20 minutes before bed to read. It relaxes me. (If you've read anything great, leave it in the comments section….I need titles to add to my must read list)
- Despite what you see in the pictures….my hair is in a bun more often than not (#momhair).
- I grew up right outside of San Francisco, live right outside of Los Angeles, and went to college in Santa Barbara. (yup, I've never lived outside of California)
- I could live forever off of sushi, mexican food, and coffee.
- I'm obsessed with giant mugs. I buy them all the time. It drives my husband insane.
Now, let's talk about this outfit. The blush shirt? Cute, right? Let's be clear……it's Rose Quartz. What's that? The Pantone Color of the Year. This pretty pale pink? You'll be seeing it everywhere this spring. It's the must have color, and I love it. It's flattering on just about every skin tone, and mixes well with patterns and brighter colors. Plus, there are about a million ways to wear it. In fact, I'm teaming up with four of my fashion blogger friends today to show you how each of us wears rose quartz. Yup, one blog post…..5 outfits! Want to see more Rose Quartz? Check out: