Who doesn't love a great breakfast casserole? This ham and cheese breakfast casserole recipe is a family fav, it's delicious and easy to make!
Gearing up for big brunch celebrations? Us too. Our biggest tip? Have a couple make ahead recipes ready to go. Breakfast casseroles are the easiest thing to feed an army, and please even the most particular toddler palette. This ham and cheese breakfast casserole recipe is a family favorite, easy to make, and will be ready to eat the morning after.
MOM’S BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
6 – 8 pcs bread, crusts removed
2 c ham, diced
2 c cheddar, shredded
¼ sweet bell pepper (any color), diced
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp rosemary, dried
1 c milk (preferably whole)
¼ c butter, melted
1 c rice krispies
1 tsp seasoned salt
as preferred salt and pepper
1) Spray a 7 x 11 baking pan with non stick spray.
2) Take half the bread slices and make them fit into the bottom of the baking pan.
3) Sprinkle the ham on top, distributing evenly.
4) Sprinkle the shredded cheddar, distributing evenly.
5) Cover with the remaining bread slices
6) In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sweet peppers, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powders, and rosemary.
7) Pour slowly and evenly over the top pieces of bread.
8) Cover and chill overnight in fridge overnight.
9) Next morning, preheat oven to 350.
10) In a bowl, mix together the seasoning salt, rice krispies and melted butter.
11) sprinkle this mixture over the top of the bread.
12) Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
13) Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.