Love spaghetti and meatballs? This simple recipe for baked meatballs (and homemade sauce) will make the perfect easy family dinner!
Every Sunday is spaghetti and meatballs night in our house. After months of testing and tweaking, I finally perfected my baked meatballs recipe. We add them to a homemade spaghetti sauce, and it's family dinner perfection. I love how easy this is to prepare (on busy weekends I make both the meatballs and sauce in advance and freeze) and I LOVE that my picky toddler will actually eat it ALL.
Spaghetti and Baked Meatballs
1 package of ground turkey or beef
1 lb. Spaghetti, cooked
½ Onion, chopped
2 ribs Celery, chopped fine
1 ½ – 2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 – 2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Oil
28 oz. Tomatoes, not drained
14 oz. Tomato sauce
1. In a bowl combine ground turkey or beef, one egg, a handful of bread crumbs, a handful of parmesan cheese, and a teaspoon of italian seasoning.
2. Roll into meatballs (makes 12).
3. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
4. Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Spaghetti Sauce and Meal:
1. Begin by melting butter in a sauce pan. Add oil.
2. Add onions, celery and garlic. Sautee until soft.
3. Add the tomato sauce and tomatoes.
4. Add Italian seasoning and mix well.
5. Simmer this sauce for at least 30 minutes on the stove top. If you prefer your sauce a bit thicker, simmer it longer with the lid off, stirring occasionally. ( I only needed 30 minutes to simmer)
6. Plate your spaghetti and top with meatballs and sauce.
7. Sprinkle shredded parmesan on top.
Do you love baked meatballs? What is your favorite family dinner recipe?