Don't miss our tips for How To Plan A Romantic Weekend Getaway that will bring the romance back to your marriage after having kids!
Thank you to the Westlake Village Inn for hosting our Romantic Weekend Getaway.
I know, I know. If your family is anything like ours, you are rolling your eyes at this blog post. Romantic Weekend Getaway? We can barely get date nights on the calendar! But one of our big goals this year? To spend time together on our own. As hard as it can be to peel ourselves away, we know how important it is.Last weekend we escaped (twenty whole minutes away from our house) to the perfect romantic weekend getaway. It was relaxing, fun, and much needed. Where did we go? The stunning Westlake Village Inn! This gem is a hop, skip, and a jump away from the city…..but it feels like another world. We spent the night in one of their stunning suites, sipped delicious wine on our patio, took a heavenly nap, ate one of the best dinners I've had in YEARS, and then enjoyed live jazz music at their upscale lounge.So what did we do to prepare for a romantic weekend getaway?
5 Simple Tips to Prepare Your Family for a Romantic Weekend Getaway
- Set up childcare that you are ALL comfortable with……whether it's a sleepover for your kiddos, a visiting grandparent, or a familiar babysitter….be sure that your children are comfortable being with their caregiver for an extended period of time.
- Communicate In Advance: A trip away isn't something to spring on children at the last minute. Discuss in advance, remind them each day during the week leading up to your trip who will be with them and remind them that you always come back.
- Prepare Yourselves: Finish work tasks, take care of bills, prepare yourself to unplug for a day or two. It's not a romantic weekend getaway if you bring work with you!
- Plan Times to Check In: Plan a few times each day to check in with your children and schedule them with their caregiver (morning and evening tend to be the easiest). Your kids will look forward to the call, and you'll be sure you get to see their smiling faces!
- Plan a Separate Weekend Getaway with the Whole Family: The weekend before our romantic weekend getaway, all three of us took a trip together. Lydia got separate special trip!
The iconic Westlake Village Inn is nestled into the Conejo Valley, a short distance from Malibu and the City of Los Angeles. It houses a vineyard, a spa, amazing suites and hotel rooms, and some of the prettiest landscaping in Southern California. From the casual fare and winetasting at Stonehaus to the upscale cuisine at Mediterraneo to the live music a few nights a week at Bogie's, Westlake Village Inn has an experience onsite for everyone. It's the perfect spot for Angelenos to sneak away to for a Parent's Getaway or a Spa Day.