Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- I got to participate in the AOL Beauty Awards this year, a group of us got test some of the best beauty products of the last year and weigh in about our favorites (spoiler, the brush cleaning mat we got to try from Sigma is AMAZING!)
- We are headed to San Diego this weekend, and I'm SUPER excited! Cape Rey in Carlsbad is hosting us, and it looks like the PERFECT spot for a family getaway. They've got a great pool, an amazing spot to eat dinner, AND A SPA plus it's right next to Legoland. (They're actually giving away a family getaway on their Facebook page…..so enter away!)
- Anyone else watching the Bachelor? I just.can't.look.away. I know, the show is a total trainwreck. But I can't help watching!
- Lydia and I made her class the cutest Valentine's Day cards….I'm super excited to deliver them next week!
- After a couple days of rain, we're getting some clear weather this weekend, yay!
Top Five Sales:
This week's sale round up is a little different…….because it's with me. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I'm the middle of testing out a ton of natural beauty products. And one of my favorite brands? Beautycounter. You guys, I can't get over how great some of their products are. And the prices are stellar!
I'm sharing my top five products from them…..and if you order ANY Beautycounter items between now and next Friday (use any of these links)…..I will refund you $10! Yup, in your paypal account. Decent sale, right?
- Beautycounter Lengthening Mascara: Not gonna lie, I didn't believe a natural mascara would be effective. This is the first Beautycounter product I tried, apprehensively. And it totally sold me on trying more. It's amazing!
- Beautycounter Desert Sunrise Palette: I'm a palette fiend. I love keeping all my shadows and blushes in one easy to transport spot. And the colors in this one are stunning!
- Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blusher: I've been wearing this in Hibiscus everyday since it arrived. It applies easily and lasts through an entire day of teaching.
- Beautycounter Kids Bath Collection: We just started using this bath collection with Lydia. It's gentle, has no weird ingredients, and I love the design of the bottles.
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm: I'm on a cleansing balm kick. It's my favorite way to remove makeup and hydrate my skin. And this one? Totally works without all the added toxins.
Top Five Reads:
- I'm over on Cupcake Mag's blog today sharing three simple tips for twinning with your mini me. Check out the post for some fun style ideas!
- Is your significant other still looking for Valentine's Day Gifts? Check out these Jewelry Gift Ideas I shared…..they'll still arrive in time for the big day!
- If you didn't see the Audi ad during the big game….it's a MUST watch.
- These musings on work-life balance…..are GREAT.
- This firefighter might be my new hero.
Top Five Recipes:
- White Pizza Dip? Yes please.
- Chocolate Fondue just in time for Valentine's Day.
- These Starbucks knock offs are must tries.
- Dreaming of warmer days? This Toasted Coconut Margarita looks amazing!
- Five Ingredients Chocolate Chip cookies……yum!
Top Five Give Back Products:
- Music Notes TOMS Classics: I love these classic TOMS with an adorable music theme. TOMS follows a one for one model for every pair sold, a child in need gets a pair of shoes!
- Peace Love Music Charm Bangle | VH1 Save The Music Foundation: This adorable bangle gives back to provide music programs to children in need.
- TOMS Drizzle Soft Suede Cosmopolitan Tote Bag: This adorable bag is a great everyday staple and with every bag you purchase, TOMS will help provide a safe birth for a mother and baby in need.
- Threads 4 Thought Elanor Hoodie: This adorable striped hoodie is a new must have from one of my favorite sustainable fashion companies. Threads 4 Thought is a certified B corp, and provides fair wages for all employees.
- Grace and Lace Flannel Cascade: I love this stylish take on a simple flannel. It’s PERFECT for the last months of cold weather! Grace and Lace has been featured on Shark Tank, Good Morning America, The Today Show and more…..this amazing company supports Angel House, an organization that builds much needed orphanages in third world countries.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!