Do you have damaged hair due to cold weather or years of coloring? One of my New Year’s Resolutions? To learn how to take care of dry hair.
This content was sponsored by Aussie but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I hope you enjoy following along! #ad
I colored my hair for the first time when I was sixteen. That’s twenty one years of hair color (go ahead and do the math). I’ve been brunette, blonde, a redhead…..and my hair is finally paying the price. At my last hair appointment, my hair dresser warned me that my hair was getting more dry and fragile. She told me to treat it with care, and that I should work on developing a hair care plan for in between appointments.
So, I did a little research and I’m tweaking my hair care regime. I learned a ton about how to take care of damaged or dry hair, and I wanted to share a couple of tips with y’all!
How to Take Care of Dry Hair
- Avoid Heat Styling: Blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons? Do a ton more damage to already dry or damaged hair. My plan? Let my hair air dry as much as possible, and then lightly straighten it (using a heat protecting serum).
- Wash Less: Frequent shampoos can dry hair out even more. My plan? To wash my hair twice a week, and use a dry conditioner in between.
- Use a Treatment Specifically Meant for Treating Dry or Damaged Hair: My favorite? Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Strong Conditioning Treatment. It’s a killer price, and this deep-conditioning treatment helps to repair even the driest and most damaged of hair. I’ll be using it once a week in place of a regular conditioner. The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Strong Conditioning Treatment makes hair 10x stronger against damage vs. non-conditioning shampoo and lengthens the life of your locks by helping reduce damage.
- Cool Down the Water: Hot water can cause further damage to the hair shaft, while cooler water helps to close it and seal it. The cooler water I can use to wash my hair, the better.
- Vitamins / Omega 3s: I’m going to be eating more foods with Omega 3 fatty acids and taking vitamins. These will help improve the overall health of my skin and hair (plus, who doesn’t want to eat more avocado?)
Do you have dry hair? What tips do you have to help treat it?
You can find Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle Strong Conditioning Treatment , Moist Shampoo and Conditioner and many more products on Amazon! Having your hair products shipped to your home is a huge time-saver.