Happy Friday! I'm excited to launch a new Friday series around here, the Friday Five. Over the last few months, I've felt as if my chance to organically share with y'all has been slim. I miss writing simple posts and sharing products I love, and I miss sharing tidbits about our days. So…..each week I'll be sharing five things in five categories. Each week I'll be sharing our top five activities from the week before, the top five items on sale I've got in my online shopping cart, my favorite five reads from the week, five recipes we're trying, and five items that give back.
Top Five Activities and Must Dos:
- We DID it, potty trained in three days over the weekend. I'm considering writing a whole blog post about how we did it and what worked…….
- We are making these Star Wands this weekend, aren't they ADORABLE?
- It is POURING rain again in LA. So, we're all about the indoor activities…….I just ordered a ton of new puzzles…..Lydia's an addict. She can puzzle for hours!
- My dear friend had a baby a few weeks ago, and tomorrow night I get to take her out to dinner…..remember that first time you went out after becoming a parent? I can't WAIT to give her an hour of adult time!
- Lydia and I are headed to the movies this weekend……..and I can't WAIT! There are a ton of great family films coming out in the next couple months, including Monster Trucks (currently in theatres). Monster Trucks is a fun film that touches on teamwork, environmental stewardship and protecting animal habitats. Isn't a family day at the movies the best? The team at Monster Trucks has a little Friday treat for y'all, they're sending TWO families to the movies. Be sure to enter below, two separate families are winning a $50 Fandango gift card so that they can see Monster Trucks!
Top Five Sales:
- Mini Boden Mrs. LadyBird Dress: When I posted Lydia wearing this dress on Instagram, a bunch of you messaged me saying you loved it. And now? It's on major sale!
- Target's Well Chosen Event: Target is selling TONS of workout gear, equipment, and healthy food items for 20% off….I guess they know we all just made our resolutions!
- J.Crew Quilted Vests: J.Crew's coveted quilted vests are on sale AND they have an extra sale code this weekend!
- Paige Denim Semi-Annual Sale: My absolute favorite denim line. On sale. Such a win! ( these verdugo ankle zips are my MUST owns….and they're $80 off)
- Made in the USA Toys: Zulily has a huge Made in the USA Toy sale going on……
Top Five Reads:
- 3-day potty training for kids: does it work?: I probably find this especially funny because this was us last weekend. Hysterical!
- Why Mom Guilt is Total Bullsh*t: This is one of the most heartfelt blog posts I've ever written. If you're a mom, I hope you'll read it.
- How to Escape Your Sleeping Child's Room: This video is HYSTERICAL.
- The Dump – My dear friend Molly is on a service trip to Kenya, RIGHT NOW. Here is what she's been up to……..
- Bedtime Stories for Rebel Girls: Is anyone else stalking this book on amazon to see when it restocks? Lydia has to have it!
Top Five Recipes:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork: I'm totally making this over the weekend, doesn't it look delish?
- Spiced Apple and Pear Winter Smoothie Bowl: Doesn't this look like the perfect winter breakfast?
- Blueberry Moscow Mule: I'm totally mixing up one of these this weekend!
- S'mores Drizzled Popcorn: Planning a movie night? This popcorn is a must make!
- Homemade Vanilla Chai Mix: It's pouring rain here, and this looks like heaven!
Top Five Give Back Products:
- Alex and Ani Living Water Charm Bangle – Living Water International: This newly released bangle supports Living Water International, an organization that helps communities in third world countries access clean water.
- Brynn Zippie – Threads for Thought: This striped hoodie is currently en route to my house, I love the colors and the fact that it's ethically made? Even better!
- Schoola: Schoola is one of my FAVORITE ways to support schools and education. This online consignment shop allows parents to donate gently used or new clothes that will fundraise for THEIR childs' school….and they have some ADORABLE stuff (they just got a whole bunch of brand new items with the tags still on)! <get 50% off your first order at Schoola.com with code FIRST50OFF>
- Toms Majorca Peep Toe Booties: I've been wearing these new (to me) booties all week. They're SUPER comfortable, and perfect for transitional weather (I've been wearing them with colored tights and dresses)….like all Toms products, for every pair sold a pair is donated to a child in need!
- Treasure & Bond Tuxedo Stripe Skinny Crop: Am I the only one who didn't know that Nordstom's has a private give back label? Treasure & Bond is sold exclusively at Nordstrom's and proceeds from each sale are donated to programs that empower youth (this season it's Big Brothers and Big Sisters).