Are you prepared for holiday parties? You may have the perfect holiday party outfit….but don't forget the most important accessory, a gift for your hostess! These 7 Hostess Gift Ideas are super simple, and are a great way to say thank you!
Thank you to Payless Shoes for partnering with us for this holiday party outfit.
Anyone else on scheduling overload? It's holiday season, and if your family is anything like ours…….you have more holiday parties than you can count. Between children's events, and adult parties…..I feel like we barely have time to breath. Lydia is attending holiday parties with us this year, and I've been thinking a lot about what we want to teach her.
One important thing? To say thank you. In the hustle and bustle of the season, it's easy to forget. It's easy to forget the effort that hosts are putting in to events. It's easy to rush off to the next item on your agenda without saying thank you.
So our goal? To always bring a simple hostess gift along for each event we attend.
Shop Our Outfits:
// Mommy: skirt / top / cardigan / shoes c/o Payless //
// Lydia: dress / bow / socks / shoes c/o Payless //
PICTURE BY CINDY GREEN PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Bring Flowers or Seasonal Decor: Attending a Christmas party? Bring an ornament or seasonal flowers. A New Year's Party? Confetti and Poppers. These simple decor pieces are great for using during the event.
2. Food or Drink: Want to say thank you? Bring a treat that your host can enjoy the next day. After all that party prep? A great casserole or basket of muffins are great to have on hand.
3. Clean Up Help: Fill out a simple card, offer to come over the next day and help with clean up. Best gift EVER for a host!
4. Coffee: Put together a basket with simple coffee mugs and a bag of coffee beans……any tired hostess with thank you!
5. Add to Dessert: Bake your favorite cookies, and bring to add to the dessert spread.
6. Host Emergency Kit: Put together a small gift basket with cleaning supplies, a candle, stain stick, and any other items they might need for last minute party emergencies.
7. Candy Basket: This is our favorite…..Lydia and I headed to our favorite candy store a couple weeks ago and picked up a TON of our favorite treats. Since they aren't perishable, we put together a little basket of them before each party we attend. The best part? One trip to the store, all gifts done!
Side note, aren't these holiday outfits ADORABLE? Lydia is obsessed with our “sparkling shoes”…..and I think that they are JUST perfect for the numerous Christmas parties we have coming up. And the best part? They were a total steal. Payless is killing it with their holiday shoe inventory this year…….I may or may not have bought multiple pairs.Want to see more mommy and me style ideas? Check out our mommy and me outfit section!What are YOUR favorite hostess gift ideas?