Looking for date night ideas? These are fun, simple and won't break the bank (plus, a surprise PERFECT DATE NIGHT Movie — Doctor Strange)!
Ok. I'm gonna be honest, for us date nights are lacking. And they're something we are working on planning more of for 2017. Between work, graduate school for my husband, this blog for me, and child care….it seems like date nights often get put on the back burner.
One issue we keep running into? The cost of a date night. So, we started an ongoing list of date nights that won't break the bank. Each of these? Under $50 (plus add in the cost of a babysitter).
- Book Store Exploring: Spend an evening wandering the aisles of your favorite bookstore. Sip on your favorite coffee, and discuss books you both want to read.
- Picnic: Eating out can be pricey. Visit a local deli, pick up sandwiches and have a picnic.
- Museum Visits: Plenty of museums are open in the evenings one or two nights a week. They even offer discount tickets after a certain time.
- Imaginary House Shopping: Visit a new neighborhood. Walk the streets and point out houses you love. Why do you love them? It's fun to talk about design and homes without worrying about, mortgages.
- Local Zoo: A day at the local zoo (without your kids) is a TOTALLY different experience. Enjoy a day walking around at a relaxing pace!
- Serve Others: Volunteer at your local shelter or soup kitchen. You won't spend a dime, and you'll feel amazing at the end of the date!
- Bowling: Middle school dates? Cost less than $50. Bowling or your local roller skating rink? Always a total blast and a great deal.
- Produce Picking: Visit your local farm to pick pumpkins, strawberries, or apples.
- Work it Out: Hike, go for a jog, and even take an exercise class together.
- Movie Night: Movie night are our absolute favorites. For just about $50, we get tickets and popcorn plus two hours of relaxing entertainment. We take turns picking our must see flicks.
Our latest movie date night was a little out of the ordinary. We had the opportunity to attend an early screening of Marvel's Doctor Strange. Doesn't seem up my alley, right? Yup, that's what I thought too. In fact, I knew VERY little about the film before attending. Ironically one of the teacher's assistants in my intervention lab at work is a Marvel nut. He took the opportunity to school me on all things Marvel.
Who is Doctor Strange? A world famous surgeon, injured in a terrible accident. After traditional medicine is unable to heal him…..he searches the world for an alternative. This movie? The story of his search. His search for a cure, and his search for meaning…..combined with some amazing special effects.
This movie is (no joke) the PERFECT date night film. It was exciting, engaging, and visually stunning. I LOVED IT and so did my husband.
Like DOCTOR STRANGE on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DoctorStrangeMovie
Follow DOCTOR STRANGE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrStrange
Follow Marvel on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvel/
Visit the official DOCTOR STRANGE website here: https://marvel.com/doctorstrange
DOCTOR STRANGE opens in theatres everywhere on November 4th!