Having trouble getting out the door? These 5 busy morning tips will help you leave the house on time during crazy days!
I'm not the only mom who feels like they're constantly running behind…..RIGHT? Somehow, no matter what time my alarm goes off…..it seems like we are rushing out the door at the last second. This school year, I promised myself I was going to prepare more and stress less. So, I'm sharing five things that have helped busy mornings feel a little more peaceful (and we haven't been late yet)!
- Set out outfits the night before (parents too): Everytime I don't pick out clothes the night before and lay them out? I somehow end up frantically searching for a shoe or a cardigan. Now? I set out everything (even underwear) the night before.
- Pack lunches in the evening: Each night before bed, I pack all our lunches. The short time it takes to throw snacks and meals into a bag? Adds up for an entire family.
- Breakfast table: We now set the entire breakfast table, spoons and bowls plus coffee mugs sitting next to our Keurig. Why? Because it's one less thing to worry about in the morning.
- Pack the Car at Night: Besides my laptop and purse, everything goes into the trunk of the car the night before. No trips back and forth with jackets, books for school, projects, etc. Purse and laptop bag? Always sit next to the front door.
- Plan for Quality Time: After months of Lydia resisting walking out the door to school….I realized what the issue was. She wanted quality time with us before leaving the house. So what do I do with those minutes we saved each morning? I get up at the SAME time, but we spend 15 minutes playing together. After that, she happily climbs into the car……and we leave ON TIME.
This adorable quilted diaper bag from Kalencom has become our go to lately…….I love the bright purple color. My dear friend Molly is sharing her favorite Kalencom diaper bag today too…….be sure to check out how she styled it!
// Check out Molly's Style Tips HERE //
So mamas, what helps you get out the door on time?